Ͳ

1. B.
  2. B.
  3. Բ
  4. Ͳ в
  5. ,

1. .

1. I wish it ......... (---, would not rain, did not rain, had not rained) tomorrow so hard.

2. He wished he ......... (---, could have stopped, could stop) smoking.

3. Janet wished she ......... (---, paid, would pay, had paid) more attention to her mother when she was alive.

4. We wished we ........... (---, knew, had known, would know) about the accident then.

5. I wish you ...... (---, loved, would love, had loved) poetry as much as I do.

6. She wished she ....... (----, met, had met) him at the meeting.

7. At times he poor student wished he ...... (---, took, would take, had taken up) another topic for his graduate work.

8. The kind girl wished there ......... (---, had been, would be, were) no homeless people in the world.

9. The sleepy boy wished he ......... (---, had not played, did not play, would not play) computer games all night long.

10. I wish I ........ (---, visited, would visit, had visited) Scotland next summer.

2. , I wish ....

:

I do not know many people (and I'm lonely).
I wish I knew more people.

1. I can not give up smoking (but I'd like to). I wish I .......................
  2. I do not have any cigarettes (and I need one). I wish .................
  3. George is not here (and I need him). I wish George .....................
  4. It's cold (and I hate cold weather). I wish ...................................
  5. I live in New York City (and I hate New York City). I ...................
  6. Tina can not come to the party (she's your best friend). I ..................
  7. I hate to work tomorrow (but I'd like to stay in bed). I ....................
  8. I do not know anything about cars (and my car has just broken down). I ............
  9. I'm not lying on a beautiful sunny beach (and that's a shame). I ..................

3. . .

There are three distinct types of I wish / if onlysentences:

1 - REGRETS with the PAST PERFECT (the third conditional) e.g. I wish I had not got so angry.

2 - WANTING CHANGE FOR THE PRESENT OR FUTURE with the PAST SIMPLE e.g. I wish I had enough money to go to Mozambique this summer.

3 - COMPLAINTS with WOULD + INFINITIVE e.g. I wish you would not arrive so late all the time.

CYBERCRIME | Ͳ | Glossary | CRIMINOLOGY | Crimes and criminals | Ͳ | Glossary | THE SUBJECT OF CRIME | | TYPES OF CRIMES |

© um.co.ua -