1. B. Граматичні норми
  2. B. Граматичні норми
  3. ВПЛИВ ЗАНЯТЬ ФІЗИЧНИМИ ВПРАВАМИ НА розумовий розвиток учнів
  4. Граматичні значення в перекладі
  5. Граматичні значення слів і морфологічні категорії
  6. ГРАМАТИЧНІ КАТЕГОРІЇ
  7. Граматичні категорії, граматичні значення і граматичні форми

Вправа 1. Вставте приводи.

1. ... accordance ... the Customs Regulations one ... the main duties ... the Customs officer is to prevent traffic ... smuggling.

2. The unlawful bringing ... or taking ... ... the country ... such articles as currency, bonds, jewelleries, precious metals and stones, antiques, explosives, drugs, weapons, firearms and ammunition, etc., is considered smuggling.

3. Storage and / or sale ... smuggled articles ... the territory ... the country is forbidden ... law.

4. A person who is found guilty ... smuggling may be punished ... a fine.

5. A passenger who has things liable ... duty is to declare them.

6. The search can be made only ... the permit of the Customs Office Chief.

7. The search is carried out ... the presence ... two witnesses.

8. The protocol ... the search is to be signed ... the person accused.

Вправа 2.Розкрийте дужки, вживаючи дієслова у відповідній формі.

The smuggling of drugs (to increase) greatly in recent years and (to become) a world problem.

Most smugglers have only one object: to make money, but there are several ways of doing this. The biggest profits can (to make) by smuggling stolen goods into the country and by smuggling drugs and other articles that (to be not allowed) at all.

There is no international Customs force, but Customs men on different countries (to supply) one another with helpful information.

The drug smuggler (to travel) from country to country and all Customs men (to want) very much to catch him or her red-handed (c гарячому).

Вправа 3. Використовуючи такі вирази, складіть речення, що виражають:

а) питання;

б) дозвіл;

в) заборона;

г) сумнів;

д) припущення;

е) прохання;

To board the aircraft, to enter the Customs zone, to pass through the Green Channel, to get a permit for export, to start loading, to exchange currency, to sign the declaration, to pay the duty, to give instructions, to clear the cargo.

Вправа 4. Вставте в пропуски дієслова сan, could, may, might, to be able to, to be allowed to.

1. I ___ attend the meeting yesterday, because I was ill.

2. ___ you show me your passport?

3. In 3 months this dog ___ detect drugs and explosives.

4. ___ she still be arguing with the customs inspector? I saw her talking to him an hour ago!

5. The director ___ be in his office now but I doubt it.

6. You ___ bring these items into the country. They are prohibited by law.

7. The professor says we ___ only use dictionaries at the exam while translating the articles.

8. That passenger is so nervous! He ___ be concealing something from customs control.

9. They ___ be examining the containers. Look! It's raining.

10. When I worked аt the customs I ___ seize contraband every day.

11. I have explained the rules to her twice. She ___ have failed to understand them.

12. When I was leaving the country I ___ to take this picture with me.

13. I think the government ___ introduce new tariffs on import cars soon.

14. They ___ have cleared all the cargo! They have just started!

15. Well, he ___ have smuggled drugs into the country, but I do not believe it. We've got a very effective Customs Service.

Вправа 5. Переведіть такі пропозиції на англійську мову, вживаючи модальнідієслова  can, could, may, might, to be able to, to be allowed to.

1. Heужелі вона все ще сперечається з експертом?

2. Може бути, фірма заплатить всі мита вчасно.

3. Митник зможе допомогти вам заповнити декларацію, якщо ви його попросите.

4. Чи може бути, що він чекає їх в залі прильоту?

5. Можливо, цей пасажир приховує щось в своєму багажі.

6. Ви не могли б пояснити мені ці правила ще раз?

7. Ці предмети не можна ввозити в країну. Це заборонено.

8. Товар, можливо, пошкодили при розвантаженні.

9. Чому ви не могли уявити всі документи вчасно?

10. Не можна порушувати митні правила. Ви можете бути оштрафовані або притягнуті до кримінальної відповідальності.

11. Після курсу дресирування ця собака зможе виявляти наркотики і вибухові речовини.

12. Можливо, він уже поїхав з офісу, хоча навряд чи. Він завжди затримується майже на дві години.

13. Не може бути, щоб він взяв з собою собаку. У неї немає щеплень (Вона не була щеплена).

14. Вони, можливо, нічого не знають про плани уряду змінити ставки митних зборів на ці товари.

15. Мені не дозволили взяти з собою скрипку, так як у мене не було дозволу на вивезення.

CANINE ENFORCEMENT | РОБОТА НАД ТЕКСТОМ | ГРАМАТИЧНІ ВПРАВИ | Glossary | LEGAL PROFESSIONS IN RUSSIA | РОБОТА НАД ТЕКСТОМ | LAW AS A SYSTEM | ГРАМАТИЧНІ ВПРАВИ | Glossary | ON SMUGGLING |

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати