Головна

TEXT C. LOOKING AT THE MAP OF RUSSIA

1. A) Say what hinders the influx of foreign capital to Russia.
  2. A) Study the definitions of the words with similar meanings and think about their proper Russian equivalents.
  3. A) translate the illustrative examples into Russian;
  4. Activity of the Priamurskiy Department of the Imperial Russian Geographic Society
  5. AUDITING IN RUSSIA
  6. B) Reread the article more carefully and compare the facts about the UK and the US with the situation in Russia.
  7. B) Say what is a Chart of Accounts in Russia and what it provides for.

- I'd like you to tell me something about your country.

- I think the best way to get a general idea of a country is to study the map. It's lucky I've got one with me. Here it is.

- Perhaps we had better start with the physical outline of the country.

- Well, Russia can be divided roughly into two main regions - the highlands in the east and the lowlands covering the greater part of the country, with a long mountain range cutting it into two unequal parts.

- You mean the Urals. They form the natural border between Europe and Asia. But the highest mountain chains, as far as I can see are situated in the south and the south-east of the country. What do you call them?

- The Caucasus, between the Caspian and the Black Sea and the Altai in Asia.

- I'd love to go there. My hobby is mountaineering. But our mountains are not so high as yours, as far as I know.

- I believe they are not We have peaks four and a half miles high. But we also have lowlands several hundred feet below sea level. We have steppes in the south, plains and forests in the midlands, tundra and taiga in the north.

- What are the "steppes"?

- They are treeless plains covered with grass. The soil is fertile there.

- And is the tundra like our heather moors?

- Not in the least. It's a kind of frozen desert in the Arctic region.

- And what is the 'taiga', I wonder?

- It's a thick coniferous forest stretching to the south of the tundra. It's rich in animals, valued for their fur like sable, fox, squirrel.

- I'd like to go hunting there, but I'm afraid I would never be able to stand toe cold.

- Our climate is also varied. In the south-west the weather is usually mild and wet; northern Asia is one of the coldest places on earth, and in the south the heat is unbearable. But in the middle of the country the climate is moderate and continental.

- Well, it has been very interesting for me to hear all those things. Thank you very much for your information.

103   104   105   106   107   108   109   110   111   112   113   114   115   116   117   118   Наступна

B) Persuade your partner to start practising sport immediately. | EXERCISES | TEXT. THE BRITISH ISLES | VOCABULARY NOTES | EXERCISES | Пахать, течь, извиваться, меняться, бродить, ценить, снабжать, ломать, выращивать. | B) Use them in sentences of your own. | IX. Study Vocabulary Notes and translate the illustrative examples into Russian. | ХIII. Write questions about the text, using new words and phrases in each question. When asking and answering the questions use the map. | TEXT A. INDUSTRIAL AND AGRICULTURAL DISTRICTS IN GREAT BRITAIN |

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати