Головна

III. Work with a partner and complete a conversation

1. A. Let your partners offer the tip; this will save your money
  2. Answer the following questions about yourselves. Compare your answers with a partner.
  3. B) Complete the sentences, using the words from Ex. 3. a). Three of them are used twice. The first one is done for you.
  4. B) Persuade your partner to start practising sport immediately.
  5. C) Match a word on the left with a word on the right to make a common word partnership.
  6. C) Match the words in three columns to make complete sentences.
  7. C) Your partner is going to buy a computer. Give some tips to help him to buy the right type of computers. (Use Passives)

Model:

A: What would you like as a starter?

B: I'll try the..., please.

A: And for the main course? What would you like?

B: What do you recommend?

A: You could try the...

B: I am not very keen on...

A: Well, why don't you try the...

B: That sounds good. I'll try the...

A: And what about drinks?

B: I prefer ... What about you?

A: I'd like...

B: Would you like something for dessert?

A: Yes, I'd like...

Writing

Read the following situations, and for each one write an email in response.

1. You have just been interviewed on the phone for a magazine about your business travels. They have now emailed to ask for some stories about your experiences of eating out abroad.

2. A foreign client has emailed you, asking for advice on where to eat in your city when he arrives next month. Give him two or three choices, with reasons. For each restaurant explain:

- type of food

- your favourite dish

- cost per person

Lesson 4. Dining etiquette

Warm up

I. Etiquette Quiz

1. Where should a woman place her purse while dining in a sit-down restaurant?

A. Between her back and the chair or on her lap

B. On the floor

C. On the table, to the left and right above the place setting

D. Hung on the back of the chair if a handbag, otherwise on an empty chair

2. You and your partners have a large restaurant bill. You offer to pay and someone else offers to pay the tip. What do you do?

53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   Наступна

Active vocabulary | About Eating Out in Britain | III. Read the article more carefully. Choose the best answer, a, b or c. | I. Choose the right word | IV. Choose the appropriate verb | I. Translate words and word combinations and try to pronounce them correctly. | A business lunch | II. Read the text once again. While reading define if the sentences are true (T) or false (F). Correct the false ones. | III. Complete the text using the missing words. | IV. Sort these foods into the categories. |

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати