Головна

To seem, to appear, to turn out, to happen

1. Clean die enjoy finish happen live open play rain smoke start want watch stay
  2. I. Listen to David telling a story about something that happened to him while traveling.
  3. What happens after a winding-up order is granted by the court?

Упражнение 463

Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на сложное подлежащее.

1. This work seems to take much time. 2. The operation seemed to be a complicated one. 3. Money just doesn't happen to interest me. 4. In the middle of the lecture Dr. Sommerville happened to pause and look out of the window. 5. From the very first mention of Long John, I was afraid that he might turn out to be the very one-legged sailor whom I had watched for so long at the inn. 6. Clyde seemed to have been thinking of no one else but Sondra since their last meeting. 7. Clyde appeared to have forgotten of his promise to spend his spare evenings with Roberta. 8. She appeared to be an excellent actress. 9. One day a Hare happened to meet a Tortoise. 10. The Tortoise seemed to be moving very slowly. 11. The Hare turned out to be the loser of the race. 12. The apparatus seemed to be in excellent condition. 13. You appear to have found in him something that I have missed. 14. The new meth-

odfl of work appear to be very effective. 15. The percentage of carbon in this steel turned out to be low.16. Irving turned out to be a long, pale-faced fellow. 17. His office turned out to be in one of the hack streets. 18. He appeared to be an ideal man. 19. She doesn't seem to want to do anything I suggest. 20. He turned out to have no feeling whatever for his nephew. 21. This appeared to amuse the policeman. 22. You can easily get in through the window if the door happens to be locked. 23. The peasants did not seem to see her. 24. The Gadfly seemed to have taken a dislike to Signora Grassini from the time of their first meeting. 25. You don't seem to have done any great thing for yourself by going away. 26. "Jim," he said at last, in a voice that did not seem to belong to him.

Упражнение 464

Перефразируйте следующие предложения, употребляя сложное подлежащее.

- E.g. It appeared that they had lostthe way. They appeared to have lostthe way.

1. It seems they know all about it. 2. It seems they have heard all about it. 3. It seemed that the discussion was coming to an end. 4. It seems that you don't approve of the idea. 5. It seemed that the house had not been lived in for a long time. 6. It appeared that he was losing patience. 7. It appeared that he had not heard what had been said. 8. It happened that I was present at the opening session. 9. It so happened that I overheard their conversation. 10. It turned out that my prediction was correct. 11. It turned out that the language of the article was quite easy.

380 ГРАММАТИКА. СБОРНИК УПРАЖНЕНИЙ

Сложное подлежащее (Complex Subject) 381

Запомните следующие предложения, содержащие Complex Subject:

Не is likely to win the prize. - Похоже, что он

выиграет приз.

Не is sure to come. - Он обязательно придет.

84   85   86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   94   95   96   97   98   99   Наступна

Упражнение 415 | Упражнение 421 | Упражнение 423 | Упражнение 431 | I saw him enter. - I saw him entering. I heard her speak. - I heard her speaking. I noticed him frown. - I noticed him frowning. I felt him tremble. - I felt him trembling. | Упражнение 441 | Упражнение 446 | Упражнение 451 | Упражнение 456 | Упражнение 460 |

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати