I supposed that my brother would be sleeping

1. America two hundred years ago and her name was a common one, they would
  2. Bred, so cultured, she could not think of him as a lover. It would be like going
  3. Brother had ravished me of the most precious treasure a young woman in my
  4. But the ten A.M. appointment was a bad sign. It meant that he would be first on
  5. Ex.10 A. Read the text about two brothers who love driving, Michael and Ralf Schumacher.
  6. Exercise 13. Insert should or would and state whether they are auxiliary or modal. Translate into Russian.
  7. Exercise 15. Comment on the meaning of modal verbs. Translate into Russian (should or ought, would).

1. He will solve the problem in no time. 2. The new film will be on in many cinemas. 3. The teacher

218 .

will have corrected our papers by the beginning of the lesson. 4. She will not like this TV programme. 5. The train will arrive on time. 6. The children will be playing in the yard. 7. All the newspapers will publish this information. 8. They will win the game. 9. I shall go to the south. 10. My sister will not forget to ring me up. 11. I shall have done my homework by nine o'clock. 12. The tourists will not return by sunset. 13. My friends will be waiting for me. 14. My friend will have returned by that time. 15. They will be working the whole evening. 16. He will return this book to the library immediately.

, 䳺 .

1. , . 2. , . 3. , . 4. , . 5. , ' . 6. , ' . 7. , . 8. , ' ' ' . , . 9. , . 10. , . 11. , . 12. , . 13. , ? 14. ³ , . 15. , . 16. ³ , .

Present Past Future Future-in-the-Past
Simple (Indefinite) He writesletters every day. He wrotea letter yesterday. He will writea letter tomorrow. (He said that) he would writea letter the next day.
Continuous (Progressive) He is writinga letter now. He was writinga letter at 5 o'clock yesterday. He will be writinga letter at 5 o'clock tomorrow. (He said that) he would be writinga letter at 5 o'clock the next day.
-. 0). He has already writtena letter. He had writtena letter by 5 o'clock yesterday. He will have written aletterby 5 o'clock tomorrow. (He said that) he would have writtena letter by 5 o'clock the next day.
Perfect Continuous (Perfect Progressive) He hasbeenwritinga lettersince morning. He hadbeenwritinga letter for two hours when 1 came. He will have been writinga letter for two hours when 1 come. (He said that) he would have been writinga letterfor two hourswhen 1 came.

220 .

186 | 188 | 202 | Came- () Past Simple | 213 | Present Simple Past Simple Present Continuous Past Continuous | I have not been to Moscow since last year. | , | | Present |

© um.co.ua -