Головна

II. Виберіть слово або вираз (a, b, c), значення якого подібно значенням слова або виразу (1-6)

1. A. Виберіть правильну форму дієслова.
  2. A. слово "crime".
  3. A. Словосполучення з дієсловом "to conduct".
  4. B) Вставте пропущене слово в пропозицію
  5. C) вставте підходящого змісту слово або словосполучення
  6. Ex.11. Заповніть пропуски, вибравши слова з рамки.
  7. Ex.6. Заповніть пропуски, вибравши слова з рамки.
 1) main  a) principal  b) common  c) unique
 2) a lot  a) a little  b) different  c) the variety
 3) entertainment  a) duty  b) leisure activities  c) work
 4) money you spent  a) price  b) credit card  c) the expense
 5) not friendly  a) aggressive  b) unfriendliness  c) loyal
 6) cosmopolitan  a) multicultural  b) urban  c) municipal

My home - love it or hate it!

A I live in * Blackheath in South London. London's one of the largest and most exciting cities in the world, and there are advantages and disadvantages to living here.

BThe main advantage is that there's a lot to do and see. In the centre of London there are tourist attractions like * Madam Tussaud's and the Science Museum, And there are all kinds of parks and historic buildings. I suppose that we * do not always make the most of it. We only visit places like the Tower of London when one of our relatives comes to visit!

CSecondly, London is a great place for entertainment. All the new films come here first, and if we want to go to a pop concert or big sports events, there's always something right * on our doorstep. And of course the shopping is great - there's everything from department stores like Harrods to Camden Market.

D Another advantage of living in London is that you can travel easily and quickly across the city on the underground. And we've got railway stations and airports to take you anywhere in the world.

ELastly, London is truly cosmopolitan. You can meet people from lots of different cultures, but that does not stop us being friends. It's good to mix with people from different backgrounds. It stops you from becoming * narrow-minded.

F But there are some major problems if you live in London. Like most other capital cities, it is noisy, polluted and * congested with traffic. The traffic problem is so bad that they have recently introduced a congestion charge for central London. Drivers now have to pay if they want to take their cars to the city centre. Hopefully that will improve the situation.

G Secondly, things are very expensive here - apparently it's more expensive to live here than to live in any American city. For example, if you go to the cinema in the centre of London it can cost you ? 12. And to go just one stop on the underground can cost you nearly ? 1.

H But the worst problem about living in London is that, in general, people are not very friendly. Nobody will talk to strangers or help people in the street if they are in trouble. They do not trust each other, and I think that's because they are scared of becoming victims of crime. London has the highest crime rate in the country.

I But in spite of these negative points, I still would not want to live outside of London. It's my home - love it or hate it!

NOTES

* Blackheath in South London [ 'bl?khi? in sau? 'l?nd?n] - містечко Блекхіт в південному Лондоні

* Madam Tussaud's and the Science Museum- музей мадам Тюссо і музей науки

* ... Do not always make the most of it- ...не завжди використовувати ч-л найкращим чином

* on our doorstep- поруч

* narrow-minded- обмежений, недалекий

* congested with - завантажений ч-л

(Elizabeth Sharman "Across cultures")

"Перевір себе"

ТЕМА 3. МОЇ ДРУЗІ | A. Виберіть правильну форму дієслова. | Розподіліть пропозиції з складовим присудком, згідно з інформацією в таблиці. | А. вжив дієслово-зв'язку в пропозиціях з іменним складеним присудком і визначте, ніж виражена іменна частина. | Завдання 5. Уявіть, що Ви у Вашому майбутньому офісі. Вживайте в відповідях інформацію таблиці і граматичну конструкцію there is (are). | TELEPHONING | III. Подивіться на фото (1-7) і здогадайтеся про значення слів (a-g) позначають людей. | I. Заповніть пропуски словами з рамки на підставі інформації тексту. | A. Змініть в реченні позицію непрямого доповнення за зразком і зверніть увагу на появу приводу. | А. Визначте, в якому реченні питання стоїть до підлягає, а в якомусь до доповнення. |

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати