Головна

Give me a little water, please. There is little milk in the bottle

1. A Little Bit of History
  2. Actress in England. There are only three people who bring money into the
  3. Again she gave a little nod.
  4. And there was a little tremor in it.
  5. At one time there was some talk of putting him in the university boat.
  6. But Jimmie Langton was wrong there.
  7. Clemenza was getting the message. To make it a little more natural, Sonny asked,

I have a few friends in Minsk I've got only few pencils in the box.

займенникиfewиlittle означають «мало», а займенникові вираженняa fewи a little - «Трохи».

Much (Багато) вживається з неісчісляемимі іменниками, many (Багато) - з обчислюваними.

Exercise 4.4. Insert much, many, little, a little, few, a few:

1. I'd like to say ... words about my travelling. 2. She gave him ... water to wash his hands and face. 3. He had ... English books at home, so he had to go to the library. 4. After the lesson everybody felt ... tired. 5. Let's stay here ... longer. I like it here. 6. There were ... new words in the text and Peter spent ... time learning them. 7. There was ... sugar in the bowl, and we had to put ... sugar there. 8. My mother knows German ... and she can help you with the translation of this text. 10. When we walked ... farther down the road we met another group of pupils. 11. Have you got ... time before the lesson?

Exercise 4.5. Translate into English:

Багато зошитів, багато молока, багато води, багато днів, багато газет, багато крейди, багато снігу, багато років, багато картин, багато музики, багато цукру, багато чаю, багато лимонів, багато м'яса, багато кімнат, багато вчителів, багато роботи , багато повітря, багато птахів, багато машин.

Exercise 4.6. Insert much or many:

1. Please do not ask me ... questions. 2. How ... money have you got? 3.1 never eat ... bread with soup. 4. Why did you eat so ... ice-cream? 5. She wrote us ... letters from the country. 6. ... of these students do not like to look up words in the dictionary. 7. ... in this work was too difficult for me. 8. He spent ... time writing his composition in Literature. 9. There were ... plates on the table. 10. Thank you very ...! 11. ... of my friends are preparing for their entrance examinations now. 12. I do not like ... sugar in my tea.

Exercise 4.7. Translate into English:

1. У склянці є трохи молока. 2. У зошиті залишилося мало чистих сторінок. 3. У тебе багато кави? - Ні, дуже мало. 4. Мало хто з англійців розмовляють російською. 5. У них тут дуже мало друзів. 6. У нього дуже мало часу для читання. 7. У Петра багато російських книжок і мало англійських книг. 8. У мене є трохи часу ввечері, щоб закінчити цю роботу. 9. Я проводжу багато часу в бібліотеці, бо я готуюся до іспитів.

§2. оборот there is / there are.

оборот there is / there are служить для вираження наявності (відсутності) будь-якого предмета в певному місці або в певний час. Форми минулого і майбутнього часу: there was, there were и there will be.

There are some pictures on the wall. На стіні кілька картин.

There was nobody in the room. В кімнаті нікого не було.

Вибір форми дієслова to be залежить від числа іменника, наступного відразу за ним:

III. Ступені порівняння прикметників і прислівників, порядок слів в англійському реченні, типи питань. | ADD TO YOUR ACTIVE VOCABULARY | Ступені порівняння прикметників і прислівників | Порядок слів в англійському реченні | Порядок слів у спеціальному питанні | розділові | MY ACADEMY | ADD TO YOUR ACTIVE VOCABULARY | GRAMMAR | I can not find this book anywhere. |

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати