I ________________ soon. (to leave)
I shall be leaving soon. or I will be leaving soon.
1. ____ you _________ coffee? (to make)
2. He ____ not ________ the bus. (to use)
3. He _____________________ a new language. (to learn)
4. ______ you not __________________ your jacket? (to mend)
5. He ______ not ___________________ here. (to stay)
6. ______ we not ___________________ them a card? (to mail)
7. They __________________________ the telephone. (to answer)
8. ______ you ___________________ downtown? (to go)
9. I _____ not __________________ at the school. (to stop)
10. ______ she not ___________________ a trip? (to plan)
11. I ___________________________ the arrangements. (to make)
12. ______ we ___________________ at the library? (to meet)
Exercise 3. Read the following sentences aloud and translate them from English into Russian.
1. Nobody will see us at this time of the day, because everybody will be having their lunch.
2. The plane that they have sent for me will be waiting on April 8th in the desert south of the city.
3. I shall be thinking of you day and night.
4. Have you any idea how long you'll be staying there?
5. Well, I mean I shall be working as a mechanic most of the time.
6. I'll be expecting you.
7. Ann will be looking for me.
8. Pitt will be waiting for me in the hall.
9. I shall be reading for the exam day and night.
Exercise 4. Compose a ten sentences story about your future plans using the Future Continuous.
- Ask questions to all parts of the sentence.
1. He'll be coming here in an hour.
2. I'll be coming to Rutherford Hall presently to have a word with Cedric.
3. By that time he will be experimenting with someone else.
4. He will be working for Mr Kelly as the manager of this shop.
5. He will be waiting to go on with his work.
6. Mind, inspector will be asking you a lot of embarrassing questions.
7. The boys will be seeing you one of these days.
8. Sean will be ringing up tomorrow.
9. She will be visiting you regularly this week.
10. The party will be arriving tomorrow.
Final lexical-grammatical test
- Complete the sentences with I'll+ a suitable verb.
- What do you say in these situations? Write sentences with shall I....? or shall we...?
- Which is right?
We'll go/We're going to the theatre tonight. We've got tickets.
What will you do/are you doing tomorrow evening?
They'll go/they're going away tomorrow morning. Their train is at 8.40.
I'm sure she'll lend/she's lending us some money.
"Why are you putting on your coat?" "I'll go/I'm going out."
Do you think Claire will phone/is phoning us tonight?
Steve can't meet us on Saturday. He'll work/he's working.
Will/shall you be at home tomorrow evening?
- Write terms to the following definitions:
1. a short descriptive summary; USA and Canadian another name for curriculum vitae
2. to put in an application or request
3. the person who asks the questions in an interview
4. a letter in which you are told, for example, that you have not been accepted for a job
5. tasks that are part of your job
6. a person, business, firm, etc., that employs workers
7. a person's social class, education, training, or experience
8. to do more than one piece of work at a time
9. jobs that no-one is doing that someone is needed to do
10. a profession or occupation chosen as one's life's work
11. an arrangement to meet a person or be at a place at a certain time
12. a form that you fill out when trying to get a job
Final lexical-grammatical test | Lesson 1 | Human resources manager, deadlines, to work on your own initiative, to multi-task, a proven track record, resources, vacancies, position, bodies, recruitment agencies. | Lesson 3 | Lesson 4 | Additional Skills Interests Professional Experience | The letter of application | Homework | Test on homework | SELF-STUDY MATERIALS FOR UNIT V |