- Complete the sentences. Use the correct form of these verbs:
boil close cost cost go have
like meet open smoke speak teach wash
- She's very clever. She _speaks _ four languages.
- Steve _____ ten cigarettes a day. ,
- We usually _____ dinner at 7 o'clock.
- I _____ films. I often _____ to the cinema.
- Water _____ at 100 degrees Celsius.
- In Britain the banks _____ at 9.30 in the morning.
- The City Museum _____ at 5 o'clock every evening.
- Food is expensive. It _____ a lot of money.
- Shoes are expensive. They _____ a lot of money.
- Tina is a teacher. She _____ mathematics to young children.
- Your job is very interesting. You _____ a lot of people.
- Peter _____ his hair twice a week.
- II. Study this information:
How often do you ___?
1. drink coffee in the morning?
2. read newspapers?
3. get up before 7 o'clock?
|| Bob and Ann
Now write sentences about Bob and Ann, George and yourself. Use always/usually/often/ sometimes/never.
1. Bob and Ann never drink coffee in the morning.
George ____________________ in the morning.
2. Bob and Ann _________ newspaper.
- III. Write the negative.
1. I play the piano very well. ___________.
2. Jack plays the piano very well. Jack ___________very well.
3. You know the answer ___________.
4. She works very hard ___________.
5. They do the same thing every day ___________.
- IV. Write the opposite (positive or negative).
- I understand. _I don't understand._
- He doesn't smoke. _He smokes._
- They know. They _______
- She loves him ______
- They speak English ______
- I don't want it _____
- She doesn't want them _____
- He lives in Rome _____
- Complete the sentences. All of them are negative. Use don't / doesn't + one of these verbs:
Reading | Work in pairs | SELF- STUDY MATERIALS FOR UNIT I | General Questions | Special questions | Tag questions | Revision test | The Present Simple Tense | Negative forms | General questions |