- Put in am, is or are.
- The weather _is_ very nice today.
- I ___ not tired.
- This case ___ very heavy.
- These cases ___ very heavy.
- The dog ___ asleep.
- Look! There ___ Carol.
- I ___ hot. Can you open the window, please?
- This castle ___ one thousand years old.
- My brother and I ___ good tennis players.
- Ann ___ at home but her children ___ at school.
- I ___ a student. My sister ___ an architect.
- Write full sentences. Use am/is/are each time
- (my shoes very dirty) ___My shoes are very dirty
- (my bed very comfortable) My ______
- (your cigarettes in your bag) ______
- (I not very happy today) ______
- (this restaurant very expensive) ______
- (the shops not open today) ______
- (Mr. Kelly's daughter six gars old) ______
- (the houses in this street' Very old) ______
- (the examination not difficult) ______
- (those flowers very beautiful) ______
- Write positive or negative sentences. Use am/am not/is/isn't/are/aren't.
1. (Paris/the capital of France) Paris is the capital of France.
2. (I/interested in football) _I'm interested in football.
3. (I /hungry) I ______
4. (it/warm today) It ____________ today.
5. (Rome/in Spain) Rome ______
6. (I/afraid of dogs) I ______
7. (my hands/cold) My ______
8. (Canada/a very big country) ______
9. (the Amazon/in Africa) ______
10. (diamonds/cheap) ______
- Write questions from these words. Use am/Is/are.
- (your mother at home?) _Is your mother at home?
- (your parents at home?) __________at home?
- (this hotel expensive?) __________?
- (you interested in art?) __________?
- (the shops open today?) __________?
- (the park open today?) __________?
- Write questions with What/Who/How/Where/Why ...? Use am/is/are.
- (what colour your car?) What colour is your car?
- (where my key?) Where ______?
- (where my socks?) __________?
- (how old your father?) How __________?
- (what colour his eyes?) __________?
- (why John angry with me?) __________?
- (how much these shoes?) __________?
- (who your favourite actor?) __________?
- (why you always late?) __________?
- Write positive or negative short answers (Yes, I am/No, he isn't etc.).
- Are you married? _No, I'm not.
- Are you tall? _Yes, I'm._
- Is it cold today? __________
- Are you a teacher? __________
- Are you tired? __________
- Is it dark now? __________
- Are your hands cold? __________
- Are you hungry? __________
- Is your father tall? __________
- Is it sunny? __________
Raymond Murphy. Essential Grammar in Use.
Grade, high school, diploma, vocational, score, higher school, standards, selective subjects, term, admission, middle class, boarding school, mandatory subjects, loan, campus. | My education | Homework | Reading | SPEAKING PRACTICE | Reading | Work in pairs | SELF- STUDY MATERIALS FOR UNIT I | General Questions | Special questions |