1. What was George Herbert Mead? Why are his key concepts important?
2. What was the central question that influenced his research?
3. How can mind find expression in Mead's opinion?
4. What are the major forms of symbolic communication in Mead's opinion?
5. When does a gesture become a significant symbol?
6. What did Mead explain with the concept of role and role taking?
7. Why do people act as mirrors for each other?
8. What is a role?
9. Why do we seldom think about roles in play?
10. What does our interaction with others continually inform?
11. Why do we modify our behaviour as we move from role to role?
12. What general rules do we learn to guide our conduct in the presence of other people?
13. What is the "I"?
14. What is the "ME"
15. What people are dominated by the "I"?
16. What people are dominated by the "ME"?
17. What does symbolic interaction approach focus on?
III Translate the sentences from Russian into English
II Comprehension check | Cultural influences on language | Nonverbal communication | Creating culture | Creating Objective Knowledge | III Match the verb on the left with the correct definition on the right | I Vocabulary | I Vocabulary | IV Translate from RUSSIAN into English | V Comunicative practice |