2 Find equivalents in the text and give your own variants (paraphrase) to the following:initial, substitution, foundation, arise, adjustable, finding, suppose.
Explain the expressions in bold from the text and make up sentences of your own. Use English-English dictionaries to help you.
4 Read the text again and answer the questions that follow (1-6):
1. What determined the design of the order?
2. What is the order in Classical architecture?
3. Which orders were invented by the Greeks?
4. What is the difference between Greek Doric and Roman Doric?
5. What can be said about the evolution of the Ionic order?
6. Why did the Romans often use the Corinthian order?
5 Say whether these sentences are true or false:
1. The first step in architecture was simply the replacement of wooden pillars with stone ones.
2. Greek Doric has a base.
3. Doric changed a lot throughout its history.
4. The Ionic order evolved in eastern Greece.
5. The Corinthian order originated in the 5th century BC.
6. For the first time the Corinthian order was used for the temple interiors.
Give a literary translation of §§5, 6, 7.
What is your impression of the information given in the text? Express your ideas in 3-4 sentences.
In a paragraph of 70-100 words, and using your own words, as far as possible, summarize what the text tells us about orders of architecture.
Audio "Passive Homes Save Energy, Money". | нанопапір | Головний плюс екологічно чистих матеріалів - вони не виділяють формальдегід і природним чином провітрюють приміщення. | ПЕРСПЕКТИВНА НАПРЯМОК В БУДІВЕЛЬНОЇ ІНДУСТРІЇ | WHY MOISTURE & MOLD PROBLEMS ARE LIKELY | WORD LIST | EARLY CHRISTIAN and BYZANTINE ARCHITECTURE | Explain the expressions in bold from the text and make up sentences of your own. Use English-English dictionaries to help you. | Give a literary translation of §§1, 2, 8. | Find and present additional information on any church mentioned in the text. |