Головна

Over from a saloon into a lunch-counter.

apron [ 'e?pr?n] opposite [' op?z?t]

"Well, bright boy," Max said, looking into the mirror, "why do not you say something

(Чому ти не скажеш що-небудь)? "

"What's it all about (що все це означає:« про що все це »)?"

"Hey, Al," Max called, "bright boy wants to know (хоче знати) what's all about."

"Why do not you tell him (що ж ти йому не скажеш)?" Al's voice came from the kitchen

(Відгукнувся голос Ела з кухні).

"What do you think it's all about?"

"I do not know."

"What do you think?"

Max looked into the mirror all the time he was talking (весь час, поки говорив).

"I would not say (я б не сказав, не скажу, мабуть, не знаю)."

"Hey, Al, bright boy says he would not what he thinks it's all about."

"I can hear you, all right (я можу чути тебе, в порядку, добре = не кричи, я і так

чую), "Al said from the kitchen. He had propped open the slit (він підпер, щоб

залишалося відкритим, віконечко, отвір: «щілину») that dishes passed through

into the kitchen (через яке передавалися страви на кухню) with a catsup bottle

(Пляшкою кетчупу). "Listen, bright boy," he said from the kitchen to George. "Stand a

little further (стань трохи далі) along the bar (уздовж бару). You move a little to

the left (посунься трохи ліворуч), Max. "He was like a photographer arranging for a

group picture (він був точно фотограф, розставляє / людей / для групової

фотографії).

"Well, bright boy," Max said, looking into the mirror, "why do not you say

something? "

"What's it all about?"

"Hey, Al," Max called, "bright boy wants to know what's all about."

"Why do not you tell him?" Al's voice came from the kitchen.

"What do you think it's all about?"

"I do not know."

"What do you think?"

And made love with all their clothes on, their mouths glued together. When they | Years passed, she would not have been able to bear the anguish of it. | When Michael got out of the cab in front of the French Hospital he was | And got the hospital operator to give him the house in Long Beach, the phone in | Another room or another floor. Can you disconnect all these tubes so we can | Before, in terrible pain, yet smiled benevolently on his youngest son, wanting to | Ернест Хемінгуей | Watched them. He had been talking to George when they came in. | George looked at the clock on the wall behind the counter. | Too tight for them. They sat leaning forward, their elbows on the counter. |

© um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати