Task 1.Look at these newspaper and magazine headlines. Discuss with a small group:
· What do you think each article will be about?
· What topic do all the articles have in common?
Task 2. Look at the family situations listed below. For each situation, discuss with your class whether the husband or wife should do each of the following: cook, clean, take care of children, and pay the bills.
· The husband works and the wife stays home.
· The wife works and the husband stays home.
· Both husband and wife work, but the husband earns more.
· Both husband and wife work, but the wife earns more.
Task 3. Read the text "Balancing Home and Work" and translate it in the written form.
D. Types of work | REVISION | RECENT CHANGES IN THE WORLD OF WORK | HELP WANTED | THE CHANGING WORKPLACE | The Changing Workplace | MEN VS WOMEN | GENDER STEREOTYPES AT WORK | INEQUALITY AT WORK | INEQUALITY AT WORK |