1. What do raising agents react with and what is the result of this reaction?
2. Which process is making bread dough similar to and why?
3. What are the key features of gluten?
4. What are the main chemical components of meat?
5. What are the main ways of breaking collagen?
Explain (in English), how you understand the following words and word combinations from the text, make your own sentences with them
Alter; collagen; single-celled organism; remain intact; dissolve
Give the main idea of the text in 5 sentences.
Open the brackets. Use the necessary verb form in the Passive Voice
1. I don't know how to operate the lath, I never (teach) how.
2. Math and science (use) in all types of engineering.
3. Ice cores from Antarctica (retrieve) prior to analysis in the laboratory.
4. The air probes (study) at the moment.
5. When the construction of the new workshop (finish)? By next June.
Choose the correct modal verb for each gap. Each verb may be used more than once
Can, could, may, must, have to, should, had to, will be able to
1. ... I help you?
2. You ... take this course, it's necessary for your future career.
3. Probably I ... buy a new Physics textbook - some pages from my old one are missing.
4. You ... not smoke at the institute.
5. He ... get up at 5 a.m. last Sunday to start his 24-hour shift.