Journalist: Good morning. How long (you, wait) to see your favourite stars?
Fan: Well, we arrived at about 6 a.m. and it's 10 a.m. now so (we, wait) for about four hours.
Journalist: And (you, stand) here all that time?
Fan: No, a friend and I take it in turns because of the rain.
Journalist: Yes, it's pretty wet. (it, rain) long?
Fan: No, only since about 9 o'clock.
Journalist: And how about you? Are you a great film festival fan?
Fan: Oh, yes. (I, come) to this one for six years now.
Journalist: Six years? That's as long as (I, write) articles for my newspaper. I see you've got an autograph book.
Fan: Yes, I always bring it with me. I've got more than 200 autographs.
Journalist: Whose autograph are you hoping to get today?
Fan: Scarlett Johansson's. (I, try) to get it for years but I still haven't managed it.
6. Choose the present perfect or the present perfect continuous:
Robin: I think the waiter (forget) ___ us. We (wait) ___ here for over half an hour and nobody (take) our order yet.
Michele: I think you're right. He (walk) ___ by us at least twenty times. He probably thinks we (order, already) ___ .
Robin: Look at that couple over there, they (be, only) ___ here for five or ten minutes and they already have their food.
Michele: He must realize we (order, not) ___ yet! We (sit) ___ here for over half an hour staring at him.
Robin: I don't know if he (notice, even) ___ us. He (run) ___ from table to table taking orders and serving food.
Michele: That's true, and he (look, not) ___ in our direction once.
7. Choose the present perfect or the present perfect continuous:
1. Judy: How long (be) ___ in Canada?
Claude: I (study) ___ here for more than three years.
2. I (have) ___ the same car for more than ten years. I'm thinking about buying a new one.
3. I (love) ___ chocolate since I was a child. You might even call me a "chocoholic."
4. Matt and Sarah (have) ___ some difficulties in their relationship lately, so they (go) ___ to a marriage counselor. I hope they work everything out.
5. John (work) ___ for the government since he graduated from Harvard University. Until recently, he (enjoy) ___ his work, but now he is talking about retiring.
6. Lately, I (think) ___ about changing my career because I (become) ___ dissatisfied with the conditions at my company.
7. I (see) ___ Judy for more than five years and during that time I (see) ___ many changes in her personality.
Указатели времени | Make the sentences a) interrogative; b) negative. | Translate into English. | Choose the correct answer a or b. | Taking our diet more seriously | Образование Present Perfect | Указатели времени | Fill in the blanks using the Present Perfect Tense. | Translate the sentences into Russian. | Choose the correct answer a, b, or c . |