Головна

A journalist visits a film festival and talks to the fans waiting to see the film stars.

1. HOPES RISE AS CYPRIOT (СОПЕРНИКИ) JOIN IN TALKS
  2. KOREA TALKS END BEFORE AGREEMENT
  3. Peace Talks to Proceed
  4. These sentences are from the text: Jesse felt ready to weep. He was waiting me for Tom. Tom was his brother-in-law. Jesse knew he looked terrible.
  5. Two Journalists and the Butterflies of Britain

Journalist: Good morning. How long (you, wait) to see your favourite stars?

Fan: Well, we arrived at about 6 a.m. and it's 10 a.m. now so (we, wait) for about four hours.

Journalist: And (you, stand) here all that time?

Fan: No, a friend and I take it in turns because of the rain.

Journalist: Yes, it's pretty wet. (it, rain) long?

Fan: No, only since about 9 o'clock.

Journalist: And how about you? Are you a great film festival fan?

Fan: Oh, yes. (I, come) to this one for six years now.

Journalist: Six years? That's as long as (I, write) articles for my newspaper. I see you've got an autograph book.

Fan: Yes, I always bring it with me. I've got more than 200 autographs.

Journalist: Whose autograph are you hoping to get today?

Fan: Scarlett Johansson's. (I, try) to get it for years but I still haven't managed it.

6. Choose the present perfect or the present perfect continuous:

Robin: I think the waiter (forget) ___ us. We (wait) ___ here for over half an hour and nobody (take) our order yet.

Michele: I think you're right. He (walk) ___ by us at least twenty times. He probably thinks we (order, already) ___ .

Robin: Look at that couple over there, they (be, only) ___ here for five or ten minutes and they already have their food.

Michele: He must realize we (order, not) ___ yet! We (sit) ___ here for over half an hour staring at him.

Robin: I don't know if he (notice, even) ___ us. He (run) ___ from table to table taking orders and serving food.

Michele: That's true, and he (look, not) ___ in our direction once.

7. Choose the present perfect or the present perfect continuous:

1. Judy: How long (be) ___ in Canada?

Claude: I (study) ___ here for more than three years.

2. I (have) ___ the same car for more than ten years. I'm thinking about buying a new one.

3. I (love) ___ chocolate since I was a child. You might even call me a "chocoholic."

4. Matt and Sarah (have) ___ some difficulties in their relationship lately, so they (go) ___ to a marriage counselor. I hope they work everything out.

5. John (work) ___ for the government since he graduated from Harvard University. Until recently, he (enjoy) ___ his work, but now he is talking about retiring.

6. Lately, I (think) ___ about changing my career because I (become) ___ dissatisfied with the conditions at my company.

7. I (see) ___ Judy for more than five years and during that time I (see) ___ many changes in her personality.

Образование Present Perfect Continuous | Choose the correct answer a, b, or c .

Указатели времени | Make the sentences a) interrogative; b) negative. | Translate into English. | Choose the correct answer a or b. | Taking our diet more seriously | Образование Present Perfect | Указатели времени | Fill in the blanks using the Present Perfect Tense. | Translate the sentences into Russian. | Choose the correct answer a, b, or c . |

© um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати