1. The Education System in Australia consists of a total of 12 years. Primary schools and high schools are based on the age of the student, so that every room has the same age group, with a student hardly having to repeat a year. The students with problems in their studies may be put into special classes to help with academic deficits. The majority of the children start in the primary school with the age of 5 years (year 1) and the child studies in the primary school until they are around 12 years old ( year 7).
2. Students go to the secondary school with 12/13 years (year 8), and they are only compulsorily required to stay to year 10, receiving a junior high school certificate but not a high school certificate. The year 11 (15/16 years) and 12 (16/17 years), are optional but are required to be successfully completed to attain a high school diploma. Some of the options for those students leaving the school in year 10 include training -apprenticeship, to enter the work force or to study in any vocational course.
3. The results of the last two years of high school (year 11 and 12) are the most important ones, as they are the ones to be evaluated for entry levels in Universities. The results which you achieve for each subject will then give you a rank. The board of secondary studies than calculates an "OP" score (overall position) using a formula of your high school results and a test called "QCS" (in Queensland) which is taken by every year 12 in the state, which is used to compare students (schools) of the same year level between schools. The last 2 years is where students begin to guide their education towards their chosen professions. The student will choose what to study depending on the career in which they intend to follow.
4. There are Private and Public schools in Australia. Private Schools in general are related to a religion and usually they offer more options in music and sports. In both all students have to use of uniforms but in the private schools the rules are more restricted about the use of a complete uniform. The educational courses and standards of all high schools are very similar and all prepare students for the same national, recognized qualifications in the country. Some schools also offer in the years 11 and 12 professional qualifications level for Certificate 2 and 3.
4. The Certificates and Diplomas of Vocational Courses allow the students to enter and leave different levels of academic studies. The unify system of education allows the student to register for Certificate course which then after completion may give credits to Diploma courses or Degrees, in case the student continues in a University. Professional experience may also be recognized. The technical courses are often considered a "bridge" to enter in an Australian University.
5. For all Australian citizens, the government provides an interest free loan called "HECS", which only needs to be paid once that person is earning above a certain level ($28,000 p.a). Therefore Australians do not need to pay for their education until they are earning enough money. Post Graduate courses have a similar finance.
6. A Bachelor degree generally takes three years, and can also be done in only two years in some universities (such as Bond) with fewer days holiday. The majority of the structures offer the opportunity to combine two qualifications. In that you will be able to finish a University with a two qualifications or a "Double Degree" by studying one more year. For example: Bachelor Degree of IT & Business in 4 years. After finishing an Under Graduate degree you can get then continue on to a Graduate degree either in Master or PhD. The Master and Doctorate are intensive studies and in general include research with supervision.
XІV. Виберіть правильний варіант відповіді на запитання.
What do The Certificates and Diplomas of Vocational Courses allow the students?
1. to leave different levels of academic studies.
2. to enter and leave different levels of academic studies.
3. to enter different levels of academic studies.
XV. Напишіть друге речення використовуючи інформацію з першого речення.
Приклад: It isn't a good idea to go out - it's too cold.
You shouldn't go out - it's too cold.
1. This is a very small town.
2. We haven't got any butter.
3. Mark's got a bad cold - he has to stay at home today.
go to work today.
4. It's 10.30 so she's making coffee.
every day at 10.30.
5. He never goes to bed early.
He always .
по вивченню дисципліни і виконанню
Формат 60x84/16. Гарнітура Tims New Romen
апір для цифрового друку. Друк ризографічний.
Ум. друк. арк. ____.
Українська інженерно-педагогічна академія
61003, м. Харків, вул. Університетська, 16.
ВИКОНАННЯ | КОНТРОЛЬНИХ ЗАВДАНЬ | ВИПРАВЛЕННЯ | ЗРАЗОК ВИКОНАННЯ ЗАВДАННЯ VII. | Hour Teaching | Learn by Listening | London residents are one of the beautiful places for visiting. | Starting young | Education in Canada |