1. What role does grammar plays inteaching a foreign language to young learners?
2. Describe two main ways in presenting grammar structure: deductive and inductive.
3. Specify three stages in presenting grammar: presentation, practice, production.
4. Give examples of some techniques for teaching grammar.
5. What is the value of using songs and games in teaching grammar?
6. What are the main principles of teaching vocabulary to young learners?
7. Specify techniques for presenting, practicing, consolidating and revising vocabulary.
8. Give examples of production tasks for teaching vocabulary.
9. Say how grammar and vocabulary are taught in secondary schools (use any standards textbook). Speak on the following techniques and resources for presentation:
10. Look at the table and identify the grammar item. Say, how you will present it to the students.
|He lives in Paris||can't we?|
|We don't speak French||was he?|
|He can play tennis well||do we?|
|They are sleeping now||doesn't he?|
|David wasn't at home at five||aren't they?|
11. Think of the ways of presenting the meaning of the following words:
to display a picture; ugly; to laugh; to fold the arms; to be hungry; lazy; to be exhausted; driver; to sneeze; impossible; to reply; to give up smoking; to be absent; magazine; tiny; weather; frosty; below/above zero; to be covered with snow; to take a holiday; stay at a hotel; shark; shout for help, elbow, star, odd number.
12.Look at the table and identify the grammar item. Say, how you will present it to the students.
When I reached my house at seven
Max was playing the guitar
Jane was sitting on the table
Eating pickles from a jar
Mark was sitting at the piano
Playing sonatas for Louise
And my parrot Paul was singing
All the tunes and melodies
Bob was sleeping under the table
He couldn't even stay awake
And my dog was in the kitchen
Eating up the birthday cake.
Characteristics of a young learner | Differences in teaching children and adults | Types of learners | Questions for discussion and practical tasks | Teaching grammar to young learners | Teaching listening to young learners | Formation of the basics of intercultural communication | Tips for writing lesson plans | Knowledge. | Evaluation. |