Головна

Nature of Genetic Code

1. DNA is the Genetic Material
  2. Experimental Evidence for DNA's Role as Genetic Material
  3. Genetic Code
  4. Genetic ... uses the techniques of molecular cloning to alter the structure and characteristics of genes.
  5. I. GENETIC CODE
  6. PART 3. SOME FACTS FROM THE HISTORY OF GENETIC LINGUISTICS.

There are twenty kinds of amino acids and only four types of nucleotides, namely with adenine

(A), thymine (T), guanine (G) and cytosine (C). It is clear that one-to-one correlation between nucleotides and amino acids is not possible. If one base coded for one amino acid, only four amino acids could be specified, i.e., the proteins could contain only four amino acids. If a sequence of two bases coded for one amino acid, the four bases could specify 16 (4 X 4) amino acids (Table 25.11).

I. GENETIC CODE | TABLE 25.11. Doublet Genetic Code Specifies only 16 Amino Acids

Structure, of DNA Molecule | Genetic Code | Thus, DNA is the very basis of life. | Meaning.A unique property of DNA is that it governs its own synthesis. The copying process of DNA to produce additional DNA molecules is called replication. | C. STRUCTURE AND ROLE OF RNA | D. TRANSCRIPTION : SYNTHESIS OF RNA | Return of DNA Segment to Original Form. | Meaning of Gene Expression | G. CENTRAL DOGMA : FLOW OF INFORMATION | H. RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN GENES AND ENZYMES |

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати