Головна

Speaking

1. BUSINESS PRESENTATION AND PUBLIC SPEAKING IN ENGLISH
  2. ENGLISH SPEAKING COUNTRIES
  3. Holidays and traditions in Russia and English-speaking countries
  4. IV. Speaking.
  5. Listen to the teenagers speaking about fashion and make notes in the second column of the table. Use your Workbook.
  6. Some Aspects of Research Work Organization. English - Speaking Countries
  7. Speaking

6.8 Read the dialogue and say which person you like best. Why?

A: How do you like your co-workers?

B: One of my co-workers is an exceptional person. She always has a nice word for and about everyone. She is often the last person to leave the office and when she is at work she works at a steady and constant place; but is always pleasant, nevertheless. She is a very unassuming and tries hard not to inconvenience her co-workers.

A: But are they all so nice?

B: Not really! There's a former sea captain who works with us. He's a complete waste of time. Even when he's sober we just keep talking past each other. It's like he's still on the bridge of a ship and I'm down in the engine room and the communication tube is broken. We just don't hear each other.

A: Sounds interesting. Any other characters?

B: The boss is an interesting old guy. Very European, very conservative and formal. He always sounds gruff and looks forbidding; but he's really a very soft-hearted guy and very fair when evaluating his employees. But he does have his pet peeves.

A: Yes? What are they?

B: He really hates two things: he hates tardiness. He doesn't make us work very hard, but he does want us there on time. The other thing he hates is seeing the women in the office wearing slacks. He says "viva la diferenc".

Read the interview with a psychologist and find out personal qualities of a good leader. | Grammar

Present Simple | Read the dialogue and find out the breeds of the dogs. | Choose the appropriate description to the breed of the dog. | The cat | Describe the cat using the diagram. | My pets | Speaking | Match the words in bold with their definitions. | Match the parts of the face to the correct number. Choose from the words below. | Use the verbs in brackets in Past Simple. |

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати