Головна

Listen to the teenagers speaking about fashion and make notes in the second column of the table. Use your Workbook.

1. A friend of yours is planning to go on holiday soon. You ask her about her plans. Use the words in brackets to make your questions.

Maria: I dress the way I do because it's comfortable. Most of the time I think about whether the clothes I wear match and I usually wear make up that matches my clothes. I know that wearing jeans with a top is casual but I like this look. Fashion is about wearing the clothes you choose so you can be different from everyone else.

Peter: I think fashion helps us to tell others who we are. I don't think too much about the latest fashion trends. I like the way I dress because it's my way of expressing myself. I wouldn't wear these clothes if I didn't like them. I usually pay attention to whether my clothes match or not because it makes

me look better. I believe that clothes show people who you really are. Some people don't like the way I look but I feel comfortable in what I wear even if it looks a bit out-of-date. Julia: I dress the way I do because I like to be an individual. I don't think you should judge people by their clothes, though. It's only part of who they are. Sometimes I think about whether my clothes match, but it usually depends on if I am going out somewhere special. Then I make an effort, but otherwise I just put on whatever T feel like. I think fashion can be a statement of somebody's individuality. I don't care what people think about the way I dress. ...Uhm, but I wouldn't wear short skirts because I don't like my legs!

Ex.67

Listen to the introduction of a show on school uniforms and check your responses in Ex. 36. | Listen to the radio programme and tick the kinds of sports students would like to learn in their PE lessons.

Listen to three teenagers talking about their experiences on the first day at school and answer the questions. | Listen to a teenager talking to a psychologist about her problem and from the list choose the reason why she feels stressed. | Listen to the first part again and complete the symptoms of stress. | Listen to the teenagers talking about their music preferences and match the names of the pop stars with the speakers. | Listen to the sentences, check to see if your sentences are correct. Then practise saying the sentences. Pay close attention to the intonation. |

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати