1. Crackers try to find a way to copy the latest game or computer program.
2. A study has revealed that half a million people will automatically open an email they believe to be from their bank and happily send off all their security details.
3. This software's danger is hidden behind an attractive appearance. That's why it is often wrapped in attractive packages promising photos of celebrities like Anna Kournikova or Jennifer Lopez.
4. There is a particular danger in Internet commerce and emails. Many people believe they have been offered a special gift only to find out later they have been deceived.
5. 'Nimda' spreads by sending infected emails and is also able to infect websites, so when a user visits a compromised website, the browser can infect the computer.
6. Every day, millions of children spend time in Internet chat rooms talking to strangers. But what many of them don't realize is that some of the surfers chatting with them may be sexual predators.
a) People shouldn't buy cracked software or download music illegally from the Internet.
b) Be suspicious of wonderful offers. Don't buy if you aren't sure.
c) It's dangerous to give personal information to people you contact in chat rooms.
d) Don't open attachments from people you don't know even if the subject looks attractive.
e) Scan your email and be careful about which websites you visit.
f) Check with your bank before sending information.
LANGUAGE SKILLS DEVELOPMENT
Task 8. Decide whether the following statements are true or false. It they are false, correct them. | Exercise 1. Translate the sentences paying attention to Complex Object construction. | Exercise 2. Translate the sentences paying attention to Complex Subject construction. | Exercise 3. Translate the sentences paying attention to the for-phrase construction. | Exercise 6. Use the correct tense-forms of the verbs in brackets. | Exercise 8. Put the words in the correct order to make sentences. | Exercise 11. Choose the right variant. | UNIT 19 | Task 8. Define the function of that (those) in the following sentences and translate them. | Task 12. Complete these sentences by using a term from the text. Then write the words in the puzzle. |