Головна

II. BEFORE YOU READ

1. Cover to the 1990 edition of What is History? containing Carr's preface to a second edition of What is History? that was not began before Carr's death
  2. II. BEFORE YOU READ

A. Practice your pronunciation:

Europe [ 'ju?r?p]

Asia [ 'e???]

Mongolia [mo?'g?ul??]

China [ 't?a?n?]

the Ukraine [?i: ju'kre?n]

Finland [ 'f?nl?nd]

Norway [ 'no: we?]

Azerbaijan [?z?ba?'?a: n]

Georgia [ '??????]

Korea [k?'ri??]

Kazakhstan [?k?z?k'st??n]

Estonia [es't?un??]

Latvia [ 'l?tv??]

the Caspian Sea [?i? 'k?sp??n si?]

Siberia [sa?'b??r??]

the Caucasus [?i? 'k??k?s?s]

the Yenisei [?i? ?jen?'se?]

the Lena [?i? 'le?n?]

the Baikal [?i? ba?'k??l]

B. Read the information on Russia and tell your friends about the most interesting facts you have learnt from the text beginning the sentences like this:

It was interesting to know that ... - було цікаво дізнатися, що ...

I've just learnt that ... - я тільки що дізнався, що ...

Те tell the truth I did not know ... - чесно кажучи, я не знав, що ...

The State symbol of Russia is a three-coloured banner with three horizontal stripes: white, blue and red. The white stripe symbolizes the earth, the blue one-the sky, and the red one symbolizes liberty.

A new National Emblem is a two-headed eagle which is the most ancient symbol of Russia. All these symbols have been approved by the Federal Assembly.

C. Match the words on the left with their halves on the right:

1. the constitutional2. armed3. densely4. covers5. a variety of6. earth's7. architectural8. is located on9. override10. the mountain  a. the vetob. surfacec. chaind. forcese. the eastern partf. courtg. sceneryh. populatedi. two plainsj. monuments

IX. WORD LIST | III. READING

II. BEFORE YOU READ | OUR UNIVERSITY | IV. UNDERSTANDING THE MAIN POINTS | VI. LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENT | VII. COMMUNICATION SKILLS | VII. WRITING | I. WARM UP | TYUMEN CITY | VI. LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENT | VII. COMMUNICATION SKILLS |

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати