Last year by the decision of the Scientific Council I took post-graduate courses to increase my knowledge in economics. I passed three entrance examinations - in History, English and the special subject. So now I am a first year post-graduate student of the Orenburg State University. I am attached to the Statistics Department. In the course of my post-graduate studies I am to pass candidate examinations in philosophy, English and the special subject. So I attend courses of English and philosophy. I am sure the knowledge of English will help me in my research.
My research deals with economics. The theme of the dissertation (thesis) is "Computer-Aided Tools for ...". I was interested in the problem when a student so by now I have collected some valuable data for my thesis.
I work in close contact with my research adviser (superviser). He graduated from the Moscow State University 15 years ago and got his doctoral degree at the age of 40. He is the youngest Doctor of Sciences at our University. He has published a great number of research papers in journals not only in this country but also abroad. He often takes part in the work of scientific conferences and symposia. When I encounter difficulties in my work I always consult my research adviser.
At present I am engaged in collecting the necessary data. I hope it will be a success and I will be through with my work on time.
Ex. 10. Speak about your research work using the questions bellow:
1. Where did you get your education?
2. What is the field of your interests?
3. What subject was your graduation (diploma) paper devoted to?
4. What research are you doing (= are you engaged in) now?
5. Where are you doing your research?
6. Is it theoretical or experimental work?
7. Has the present research any connection with your previous studies at the university?
8. Who is your scientific adviser?
9. Is he / she a distinguished scientist?
10. How often do you consult him / her?
11. What problems are you particularly interested in?
12. Who encouraged your interest in the problem?
13. Have you already made a detailed study of these problems?
14. Have you already collected and arranged the necessary data?
15. What contribution in the museum studies are you going to make in your research?
16. Do you take part in the work of scientific conferences?
17. Have you already got any articles published?
18. What other activities are you engaged in during your postgraduate studies?
19. Do you have to attend lectures or seminars?
20. What examinations have you already passed?
21. When did you start your research and when are you planning to finish it?
22. What degree are you going to obtain?
23. What is the theme of your thesis?
24. When are you planning to present your thesis?
25. Are you going to get a Ph.D. degree?