1) What are the other names of a shielded metal arc welding?
2) How a weld area may be protected from oxidation?
3) What is the role of the electrode core?
4) Are the weld times slow? Why is it so?
5) What are the characteristics of tungsten arc welding?
6) What method can be used for welding thin materials?
7) Is metal inert gas welding an automatic or semi-automatic welding process?
8) What material is an electrode made of in gas tungsten arc welding?
9) What can increase the arc quality in submerged arc welding?
10) How many arc welding methods do you know? Name them, please.
Decode and memorize the following abbreviations.
MMA, GMAW, GTAW, SMAW, FCAW, SAW, MIG, TIG.
7. Use the information from the text above and your knowledge of welding methods and processes and fill in the following table. Write down theabbreviation expansions and characteristics of different welding methods.
|Abbreviation||Abbreviation expansion or name of the method||Characteristics|
|plasma arc welding|
|atomic hydrogen welding|
|carbon arc welding|
|stud arc welding|
Передмова | Arc welding. Technology in use | Name each of the paragraphs. Agree or disagree with the paragraph titles of your groupmates. Substantiate your statements. | Some methods (characterize) by a stable arc and high quality welds. | Bumserdeg | Welding processes. Gas and resistance welding. | Answer the following questions. | Exclude the word which is not right in the lexical row. | Projection welding is a variation of ... welding. | Use your knowledge of welding processes and the words you have learned and match the terms with their definitions. |