Головна

Exercise 7. Use the verb in brackets in the appropriate form.

1. A friend of yours is planning to go on holiday soon. You ask her about her plans. Use the words in brackets to make your questions.
  2. A) Put the verbs in brackets into the correct forms of Present, Past or Future Simple.
  3. B) giving the English equivalents for the Russian words in brackets (you can find the English equivalents for these words at the pages indicated)
  4. B) giving the English equivalents for the Russian words in brackets (you can find the English equivalents for these words at the pages indicated)
  5. B). Open the brackets. c). Put questions to the underlined words.
  6. Bestimmen Sie die Attribute nach Art und Form.

1. For the first two minutes he (occupy) with eating; then as his appetite (quiet), he took his time. 2. Why nothing (do) about it at the time? 3. You can't go in. She (interview) for the TV. 4. I had a most unpleasant feeling that I (watch). 5. She looked a different girl. Her face (wash), her hair (comb). 6. We could still see the tracks where the car (drag) off the road. 7. You can't use the office at the moment, it (redecorate). 8. A new metro line (construct) now. One of its stations (build) in our street. 9. Like many medieval cities, Moscow developed round the walls of a stronghold. First a brick wall (build) around the merchants' quarter which (know) as Kitaigorod, then, in the 16th century, a new wall (erect) round the so-called Bely Gorod. 10. Maize (use) by many peoples of the world to make their bread. 11. The house (lock) up before they set off. 12. Wherever I went I found evidence that the camp (leave) only a short time before we arrived. 13. The place looked wonderful. Everything (prepare) for the ball. 14. Evidently the tea (sweeten) before I put sugar into it. 15. The student (ask) to tell the story again. 16. Progress (make) every day in the world of science. 17. He saw that the table (push) into the corner. 18. Empty bottles must (throw) away, the sooner the better. 19. Photographs (take) after the ceremony. 20. I never (speak) to like that before. 21. In some countries women still (deny) the right to vote. 22. My uncle recently (make) a captain. 23. We (suppose) to take your remark seriously? 24. The newspaper (deliver) before I got up this morning. 25. Smoking (not allow) in this part of the building. 26. I phoned the police when I found out that my passport (steal). 27. The National Gallery (restore) at the moment. 28. When I entered the room Richard still (examine). 29. We can't take the car yet: it still (repair). 30. The windows are really dirty: they (not clean) for years.

Exercise 6. Open the brackets, using the necessary tenses in the Passive Voice. | Exercise 8. Supply appropriate prepositions.

Exercise 9. Open the brackets using the appropriate tense-form (the Past Indefinite, the Past Perfect or the Past Perfect Continuous). | Exercise 16. Put the verbs in brackets into the most suitable past tense. | Exercise 18. Translate into English. | Exercise 20. Complete the sentences using the Past Indefinite, the Present Perfect, the Present Perfect Continuous, the Past Perfect or the Past Perfect Continuous. | Exercise 22. Choose the right tenses (past simple, past continuous, present perfect, past perfect, present perfect continuous or past perfect continuous). | Exercise 5. Translate into English. | Exercise 8. Open the brackets using an appropriate Future tense where necessary. | Exercise 1. Translate into English. | Exercise 1. Change the form of the verbs in the sentences from the active into the passive voice. | Exercise 2. Change the form of the verbs in the sentences from the passive into the active voice. Think of new subjects in the sentences. |

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати