Головна

History of the School

In the mid-60s it became quite evident that semiconductor sensors played a crucial role in providing further development of instrumentation systems, in designing improved automated control systems and equipping civil and military industrial enterprises with them. In the early 1970s, large- scale work on designing photosensors for various wave length ranges started at the Institute of Semiconductor Physics under the supervision of Prof. I.G. Neizvestny. First, investigations were carried out with germanium and later with compound semiconductors, the procedure of molecular-beam epitaxy having been developed by that time. In 1995, I.G. Neizvestny was awarded a State Prize of the Russian Federation for his fundamental and experimental investigations of a new class of photosensitive semiconductor materials. Quite soon vital importance of research work in microelectronics became obvious and in 1975 an affiliated branch of the department of semiconductor devices and microelectronics was set up in the Institute of Semiconductor Physics. It is headed now by I.G. Neizvestny.

On the initiative of Prof. A.F. Gorodetsky and Prof. V.S. Shadrin work on designing discrete semiconductor strain gauges started at the department of SD&ME, which resulted in creating first domestically produced commercial structures.

In the early 1970s, Prof. V.S. Gridchin initiated work on designing a new class of semiconductor devices - integrated strain-gauge transducers for converting mechanical values into electrical ones. These strain-gauge transducers provided a basis for designing sensors of pressure and acceleration of a new type that were later introduced into commercial production at Russian industrial enterprises. Prof. V.A. Gridchin was the first to consider in his papers both theoretical aspects of strain-gauge transducer operation and production problems of manufacturing pressure sensors having high measuring characteristics. He also solved some major problems of their physical and topological design.

Fundamental and applied research carried out at NSTU and the Institute of Semiconductor Physics of SD RAS as well as devices designed there opened the way for further development of sensor microelectronic devices at industrial enterprises in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Saratov, Penza, and Tomsk.

Major Results of Research | LEADING SCIENTISTS OF THE SCHOOL

Comprehension check | Comprehension check | Speech Practice | Research in the Field of Computational Technologies | Conclusions | COLLOCATIONS WITH RESEARCH | History and Leading Scientists of the School | Major Results of Research | History and Leading Scientists of the School of Thought | Main Areas of Research |

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати