Головна

Complete and then retell the story told by Tracy about herself and her family using Gerund from the box

1. A BRIEF HISTORY of the INTERNET
  2. A Brief History of the Russian Customs Service
  3. A) to complete - complete - completely - uncompleted - completeness;
  4. A. Complete the sentences according to the information in the text.
  5. A. Complete the sentences with the comparative forms of the adverbs in the box.
  6. A. Complete the sentences with the correct word. Use each word once only.
  7. A. Complete these sentences so that they refer to other people.

bringing, working, having, queuing, seeing, looking, meeting, living, being

My dad started (1) ... in a steel mill when he was 15. Things are different now, but he thinks I should start (2) ... home some money. I get my unemployment benefit, but that is not much and I'm fed up with (3) ... for it every Thursday. I hate (4) ... to ask my mum and dad for money. My mum gives me a couple of pounds for tights now and then, but she can not stand (5) ... me at home all day. I've almost given up (6) ... for a job. I buy the local paper every day but I'm really tired of (7) ... through the 'Situations Vacant' column. There are 50 applicants for every job. I was interested in (8) ... a dentist's receptionist because I like (9) ... people, but now I'd take any job at all. I do not want to leave my family and move to London. I'm scared of (10) ... on my own in a big city.

12.Translate the sentences into English using the Gerund.

1) Майкл звик жити по сусідству з Еліс.

2) Вона не звикла слухати поради інших людей.

3) Анна втомилася від того, що доводиться робити одну і ту ж роботу кожен день.

4) Роб боїться навіть думати, що йому доведеться покинути свій будинок, в якому він народився і виріс.

5) Цілком ймовірно, йому ніколи не набридне сидіти біля комп'ютера цілий день.

6) Ден ситий по горло тим, що друзі постійно радять йому, що робити.

7) Ви не заперечуєте, якщо моя дружина буде присутній при нашій розмові?

8) Вони не могли пробачити мені, що даремно витратили стільки часу.

9) Секретар впорався з дорученою роботою вчасно і заслуговував похвали.

10) Ховард Хьюз не боявся літати на літаках. Він кілька разів встановлював рекорди в швидкості польотів.

11) Йому вдалося зробити кілька цікавих винаходів.

12) Він цікавився кінематографією, особливо цікаво для нього було випустити свій власний фільм.

13) Він не боявся робити помилки. Однак це призвело його до того, що він став банкрутом.

14) Містера Ханта звинуватили в підробці фінансових документів.

15) Його давно підозрювали у використанні службового становища в корисливих цілях.

Попередня   109   110   111   112   113   114   115   116   117   118   119   120   121   122   123   124   Наступна

Fill in with the correct form of the Infinitive in brackets. | The For-to-Infinitive Construction | Exchange the subordinate clause for the For-to-Infinitive constructions. | Use your ideas to begin the sentences with the For-To-Infinitive construction. | Unit 3 THE G E R U N D | The Forms of the Gerund | The Functions of the Gerund | The Use of the Gerund | Insist on, congratulate on | Complete the sentences using the correct form of the Gerund from the verbs in brackets. |

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати