Main Directions in Land Use Planning
The complex of land use planning work in modem conditions provides the actions connected with redistribution of land and formation of new land uses, fixing in nature the borders of the sites, with complex research and estimation of land, creation of land fund for compelled immigrants and granting the sites to them, etc. The main attention now is paid to performance of the following work:
- Preparation of materials for the official registration of papers, certifying the right on land (including the proprietors of land shares);
- Rendering assistance to the agricultural enterprises in their reorganization (reforming), including development of the land use planning projects providing economically and ecologically proved formation of new land uses;
- Maintenance of all agricultural enterprises with cadastral maps in which quantitative and qualitative indicators of each site of farmland are reflected;
- The analysis of land fund use with the purpose of opportunity definition of granting land sites to citizens for conducting personal part-time farming, gardening, housing construction and other purposes;
- Preparation of the materials connected with an establishment of restrictions in using land and giving the rights for them to other persons.
The main directions of land use planning activity are:
- Scientific maintenance and forecasting consequences of planned land transformations;
- Substantiation and realization of general state policy in planning and organization of rational land use and protection of all categories of land irrespective of ownership forms and a departmental accessory of the land sites;
- Maintenance of target land use, preservation of valuable land sites in agricultural production;
- Formation and accommodation of ecologically and economically justified, compact and rational landed properties and land uses;
- Creation of territorial conditions for effective functioning the industrial organizations and enterprises;
- A complex of measures development on improvement of agricultural areas, on increasing soil fertility, maintenance of steady landscapes and protection of land;
- Survey the grounds with an establishment (restoration) in nature (on land) administrative-territorial and production borders in a state system;
- Manufacturing the documents certifying the right on land.
Exercise 2.Fill in the gaps with forms of the verb to be:
1. Who ... the best specialist? 2. There ... vast land resources in
Russia. 3. Last year there ... the highest crop in this region. 4. Next year
you ... a land use planner. 5. I ... a second year student. 6. Land use
planning ... concerned with different sciences. 7. In future effective land use planning .................... impossible without land information.
Exercise 3.Put the sentences into negative and interrogative form and translate them:
1. It is a difficult matter to give a simple answer to the basic question. 2. Land use planning is impossible without land information. 3. Such information includes land resources capacity et al. 4. Lands are very important resources for men. 5. People of the third world experience great poverty. 6. We observe a high level of living in some developed countries. 7. They have a degree of economic independence.
Exercise 4. Translate the following word combinations into English:
Право на землю, створення земельного фонду, промислове підприємство, захист землі, часткове землеробство, садівництво, земельні частки, ефективне функціонування, перерозподіл земельних ресурсів, оцінка та обслуговування земельного фонду.
Exercise 5. Read and translate the text.
Principles of Land Use Planning
On the basis of long-term investigations some principles of land use planning are presented.
Land use planning is a dialogue, creating the prerequisites for the successful negotiation and cooperation among stockholders.
The core task of land use planning consists of initiating a communication and cooperation process which "allows all participants to formulate their interests and objectives in the dialogue". On the basis of sound decisions a sustainable form of land use is proposed "whereby the aims and interests of other participating group are taken into account to the greatest possible extent".
Traditional rural societies have their own way of approaching problems and settling conflicts concerning land use. In the process of land use planning, such mechanisms have to be recognized, understood and taken into account.
Land use planning requires transparency. Therefore, free access to information for all participants is a prerequisite.
Land use planning is implementation-oriented. Land use planning has to consider how the negotiated decisions are to be implemented. Land use planning does not end with the land use plan.
The implementation of limited measures (e.g. the development of cultivation techniques which conserve land resources) plays an important role in increasing the trust of the people in the village as far as the planning process is concerned.
Exercise 6.Fill in the gaps with the verbs in brackets:
1. Land use planning ... transparency (to require). 2. Land use planning work ... the actions connected with redistribution of land and formation of new land uses (to provide). 3. The implementation of limited measures ... an important role (to play). 4. All participants ... free access to information next month (to get). 5. His right on land ... certified two days ago (to be).
Exercise 7. Translate the following sentences into English:
1. Ефективна робота підприємств стала можливою після створення необхідних умов. 2. Той фахівець підготував всі папери для реєстрації права на землю годину назад. 3. Традиційні сільські спільноти завжди вирішували проблеми самі. 4. Акціонери захистили свої права на ті ділянки землі минулої весни. 5. Всі учасники конференції отримали вільний доступ до інформації про земельний фонд Росії.
English handbook for the third year students of the specialty «Land use planning and Cadastres» of the secondary specialized educational establishments | Астрахань 2013 | The Individual and Society | GRAMMAR: PASSIVE VOICE | Exercise1.Make up your own sentences with Past Perfect Tenseand Future Perfect Tense | Concepts and theory of land planning | Exercise 1. Make up your own examples with each function of the Infinitive. | Unit III | Exercise 8. Read and translate the text. | Exercise 9.Make up the nouns from the following verbs. |