1) Canada's economy is robust due to its market-oriented economic system.
2) Canada is a member of some rich clubs and free trade associations.
3) Like most mature countries Canada progressed from farming economy direct to services.
4) Greater part of country's total volume of production is contributed by services sector.
5) Services industry is both advanced and diverse, where retail and health take the lead.
6) Although primary sector accounts for only several percent of the country's GDP, it plays an important role in the economy because of the income it brings to the Canada's areas.
7) Manufacturing is a dominant sector of the economy.
8) Alongside with Russia Canada enjoys vast territories and scarce natural resources.
9) Canada has largest oil reserves and it is the largest exporter of agricultural products.
10) A number of factors contribute to the country's economic prosperity, good fiscal policy being one of them.
11) Canada is said to have a purely market economy.
I. Use words from each box to make word partnerships from the text:
A) Ved + noun; B) Ving + noun; C) noun + noun; D) noun's + noun. Translate these word partnerships. Add examples of your own.
|A) advanced ~ , developed ~ , balanced ~ , market-oriented economic ~ B) working ~ , manufacturing ~, leading ~ C) trade ~ , key ~ , oil and gas ~ , market ~ , government ~ D) Canada's ~, the country's ~|
|A) system, economies, services sector, budget B) sector, population, producers C)agreements, reserves, countries, economy, association, intervention D) output, economy, development|
D. Look at the text below and find English equivalents for the following words and phrases. | E. Read and translate the text. Match the headings with the text. | L. Suggest appropriate derivatives for each of the following words from the text. Then complete each sentence below with the correct form of the word. | WORD FILE | Module 3 Canada | B. Read and translate the text. | E. Read the text again and decide whether these statements are true or false. | A. Read the additional texts with interesting facts about Canada and discuss this information with your partner. | Summarize the information about Canada. Give a two minute talk using one of the headings below. | D. Look at the box and check yourself if you have the same translation of the words given in Exercise C. |