1) What are the main industries of the Republic?
2) What economic regions is the republic divided into?
3) What giant represents the old industrial Northwest region? What does it produce?
4) What are the main industries of the new industrial Northeast region?
5) What is KamAZ? Where is it located? What are the main oil-producing towns?
6) What parts of the Republic are known as rural agricultural regions?
7) What are the main grain crops of the Republic?
8) What can you tell about the foreign relations of Tatarstan?
9) What are the mainexport products of the RT?
LANGUAGE SKILLS: EXPRESSING OPINIONS. AGREEING & DISAGREEING
A. Read the short extract from the interview and recognize any constructions expressing Future Actions. | A. Role-play the following situation. | PREVIEW | HISTORY OF RUSSIA | D. Make up short dialogues expressing lack of certainty and surprise. Use prompts given below. | C. Read and translate the text. | A. Match pictures 1-4 to a)-d). | E. Look at the words in Column A and their meanings. These words can define numbers more exactly. Match phrases in column A with their translation in column B. | H. Read a part of a business plan and draw the graph of the rate of inflation. | Geographical position |