Головна

GRAMMAR PRACTICE SECTION

1. B. Practice the following conversation with a partner using the substitutions in the box.
  2. B. Read these extracts and decide which sections of the checklist above they come from.
  3. C. Practice introducing yourself, friends and groupmates. Remember to smile (and use handshakes where appropriate).
  4. CHANGE OF BANKING PRACTICES.
  5. Ex. 2. Fill in the blanks with one of the following words. Mind your grammar.
  6. Ex. 2. Fill in the blanks with one of the following words. Mind your grammar.
  7. Ex.10. Work in pairs. Practice making and changing an appointment.You are going to role-play five situations. Refer to Ex. 5 for useful phrases.
Articles: a/an, the 1. Match the sentences with the explanations.
1. My friend is a system administrator. a. We use a/an to describe something.
2. Can you pass me a CD from that box by your side? b. We use the, if we know which one, as it was mentioned before or it is clear from the situation.
3. We must have a meeting in the IT department. c. A/an mean "one", so we cannot use a/an with plurals or uncountable nouns. The is possible.
4. Windows 2000 is a very good program. d. We use a/an to refer to one of a group of things.
5. The information about this program gives us the chance to be the best. e. We use the with nationalities and other groups.
6. Where is the laptop? f. We use the with superlatives.
7. I really admire the Japanese for their IT development. g. We use a/an to refer to something for the first time.
8. This is the best and the newest model of computers in the market. h. We use a/an to describe someone's job, but not areas of business.

2. Decide if these words (which appear in Exercise 5 of Vocabulary Practice Section 3) are countable or uncountable, depending on how they are used in this context.

1.development 2.public 3.security 4.vulnerability 5.malware

3. Fill in the gaps with 'a/an' or 'the' where necessary.

55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   Наступна

READING PRACTICE SECTION | Readers' comments. | GRAMMAR PRACTICE SECTION | SPEAKING/WRITING PRACTICE SECTION | FUN AND GAMES SECTION | KEY INFORMATION SECTION 1 | VOCABULARY PRACTICE SECTION 1 | KEY INFORMATION SECTION 2 | VOCABULARY PRACTICE SECTION 2 | The Graphical User Interface |

© um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати