A. Match the following words with their definitions.
B. These eight verbs are commonly used in advertising. Choose the right one to complete each sentence.
e.g. 1 = appeal
1) The copywriter created a slogan which would ... to a wide cross-section of consumers
2) The agency wants to ... a campaign targeting the under-16 market.
3) The consumers we want to... are professionals who purchase up-market products.
4) All advertising must ... the right product image.
5) Giving away free badges helped to ... ice-cream sales to children.
6) The number of TV commercials in a campaign depends on how much the client wants to ... and who he wants to reach.
7) The function of advertising is primarily to inform and to ...
8) Our plan is to ... the new product across a wide range of media.
A. Do pre-reading tasks before each abstract, then read and translate the abstracts about the basics of management. | B. Speak about Management according to the plan. | C. Study the topical vocabulary. | Match Management traits and qualities given in the above box with their explanations. Mind that there are some odd ones and try to describe them. | B. Check your suppositions. | A. Read the text and name the constituents of marketing. | B. Read and translate the text | F. Answer the questions. | B. Read and translate the text. | F. Answer the questions. |