1. There is a book on the table. 2. He must work hard today. 3. We are leaving for Moscow next week. 4. We were reading the whole evening. 5. They do not go to work on Sunday. 6. It is not cold today. 7. Ann has already begun to read a new book. 8. We learn English at school. 9. They will show you how to get there. 10. They finished the translation before the end of the lesson. 11. I did not feel well that evening. 12. It was not difficult to do this task.
Exercise 2.12. Read and translate the sentences :.
1. Our family lives in a three-room flat.
- Does your family live in a three-room flat or in a house?
- It lives in a three-room flat.
2. They went to the same school.
- Did they go to the same school or to different schools?
- They went to the same school.
3. He will read this book tomorrow.
- Will he read this text tomorrow or next week?
- He will read it tomorrow.
4. They are playing chess now.
- Are they playing chess or cards now?
- They are playing chess.
5. Our teacher has told us to write.
- Has our teacher told us to write or to read?
- He has told us to write.
Exercise 2.13. Translate the sentences into English:
1. Вам подобається більше англійську мову або французьку?
2. Він живе в Ростові або в області?
3. Вона його молодша або старша сестра?
4. Студенти вже здали іспити чи ні?
5. Петрови поїдуть влітку на південь або на північ?
6. Ваш друг вчиться в академії або в університеті?
7. Він знає її краще або ви?
Exercise 2.14. Write down alternative questions to the following sentences:
1. Our teacher knows several foreign languages. 2. He has graduated from our University last year. 3. We shall go to Samara next week. 4. They are working in our garden. 5. I have just read this book. 6. I took this book from my friend. 7. He likes reading books. 8. She has many relatives abroad. 9. They were in many countries. 10. Russia is the largest country in the world.
ABOUT MYSELF | Exercise E | ADD TO YOUR ACTIVE VOCABULARY | I told Jane about that. | This is the most interesting book. | A formula - formulae (formulas), a crisis - crises, a criterion - criteria, an index - indices, a bacterium - bacteria, an axis - axes | III. Ступені порівняння прикметників і прислівників, порядок слів в англійському реченні, типи питань. | ADD TO YOUR ACTIVE VOCABULARY | Ступені порівняння прикметників і прислівників | GRAMMAR |