|without prejudice; examination; beyond sb's control; discrepancy; at the warehouse; short-shipped (2); inferior to; to submit; pilferage; replacement; to investigate; difference; port authorities; consignment|
1. After a careful _____ of the Goods we are making the following claim on you.
2. Our Forwarding Agents have informed us that the crates (Nos. 15-17) were left behind _____ of the Port of London.
3. We are claiming from you the amount of 5.000 dollars being _____ in price between Wheat Grade A and Grade B.
4. We will contact our Forwarding Agents and _____ to prevent delays occurring in this way in future.
5. The Goods are _____ the sample on the basis of which the contract was concluded.
6. There is a clear _____ between the packing lists which arrived and your invoice.
7. They are arranging for the despatch of the three crates _____ on board the m/v Catherine.
8. Failing your acceptance of this offer, the claim will _____ to arbitration.
9. We have carefully examined the samples from this consignment and offer you _____ an allowance of 36 USD per 50 kilos in full settlement of your claim.
10. The Lloyd's agent _____ the matter at the moment.
11. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the short-shipment which was due to circumstances _____.
12. As the goods are _____, we have to claim for damages.
13. Whether there has been _____ or not is not clear yet.
14. Our agent took delivery of _____ in accordance with the instructions contained in your advice of despatch.
15. We must ask you to arrange for the despatch of _____ for the missing part of the Goods at once.
Ex.4. Fill in the blanks with articles where necessary. | Ex.6. Translate into English. | Ex.7. Act as an interpreter. | LETTER 1 (Modified guarantee period) | FOCUS 2. COMMENTARY AND VOCABULARY NOTES | Ex.2. Fill in the blanks with one of the following words. Mind your grammar. | Ex.3. Complete the sentences. | Ex.4. Fill in the blanks with articles where necessary. | Ex.6. Translate into English. | FOCUS 1 |