|to settle the account; in full settlement; to take up; to offer them for sale; guarantee period; to soak; forwarding agents; to be free from; carriage paid (2); replacements; negligence; to undertake|
1. We are taken by surprise to learn that you mistakenly believe that our _____ is 24 months.
2. They look as if some dark liquid _____ into paper and stained most of the goods.
3. We realize that the responsibility for the damage is not with you and we have already _____ the matter with the carrier.
4. The guarantee shall not apply to damage due to _____ or improper handling on the part of the Buyer or to any other causes outside our control.
5. If you _____ within three months, we will grant you a special cash account of 2½% off the amount due.
6. Our agents opened the cases and found that all note-books were damaged so we cannot _____.
7. Should the equipment prove to be defective during the guarantee period we _____ to replace or repair any defective part free of charge within the period of 2 calendar months of the date of shipment provided that the defective part or parts have been returned to our plant, _____.
8. Our _____ informed us yesterday that two out of the twelve cases of stationary dispatched on November 9 were delivered damaged on the outside.
9. Will you therefore please arrange to send _____ without delay and charge them to our account?
10. After making all appropriate corrections we enclose our cheque for € 35,000 _____.
11. We guarantee that the equipment _____ defects in material, design and workmanship and it conforms to our highest standards.
12. The goods were dispatched in 10 crates (nos. 67-76) to your address by rail, _____.
Ex.6. Translate into English. | FOCUS 5. WORKSHOP | FOCUS 1 | FOCUS 2. COMMENTARY AND VOCABULARY NOTES | Ex.2. Fill in the blanks with one of the following words. Mind your grammar. | Ex.3. Complete the sentences. | Ex.4. Fill in the blanks with articles where necessary. | Ex.6. Translate into English. | Ex.7. Act as an interpreter. | LETTER 1 (Modified guarantee period) |