Замініть підрядні речення герундіальний оборотом, вживши приводи, дані в дужках.
наприклад: When they entered the house, They heard the bell ringing. (on)
On entering the house, They heard the bell ringing.
1. Thank you that you invited me to the theatre. (For)
2. The woman insisted that her husband should consult the doctor at once.(On)
3. She could not even think that the operation might be postponed. (Of)
4. There was a little hope that James would return on the same day. (Of)
5. Helen insisted that she should go on a trip. (On)
6. There is a possibility that my father will join us. (Of)
7. The place looked so picturesque and cheerful that he thought he would come and live there. (Of)
8. After Robert had passed his exams, He felt very happy. (On)
9. In the darkness they were afraid that they might lose their way. (Of)
10. Thank you that you did it. (For)
7.1.13 вжив герундий і відповідний привід в цих пропозиціях.
1. He is good ... (to listen) to what people say.
2. I'm tired ... (to work) in the garden.
3. She was not interested ... (to hear) my excuse.
4. He gave up the idea ... (to go) abroad.
5. The girls whispered as they were afraid ... (to hear) by someone.
6. They are interested ... (to join) our expedition.
7. He can not get into the house ... (to climb) through the window.
8. She improves her pronunciation ... (to listen) to the tapes.
9. (To travel) like this you suspend all experience.
10. You spend most of your time looking forward ... (to arrive) at some other place.
Зверніть увагу на вирази, після яких теж вживається герундій:
Складіть анотацію тексту. | Methods And Measures | Прочитайте уривок з газетної статті і думка читача. Поставте абзаци в правильному порядку. | форми причастя | Teaching Good Manners | Childhood is not the happiest time | Складіть діалог за зразком. | Generation Gap | розділ 6.3 | Утворіть герундий, переведіть пропозиції на російську мову. |