Складіть діалог за зразком.
Ситуація: ти тільки що закінчив важка розмова з батьками. Тепер ти дзвониш подрузі / одного і розповідаєш, що сталося. Розкажи -на яку тему ви говорили,
-що батьки тобі заборонили,
-як ти відреагував.
- Listen, Elizabeth, I had a difficult time with my parents last night. Can we talk for a while? I'm really upset.
- What happened?
- I came home yesterday slightly later than usual and they wanted to talk to me about that.
- What did they tell you?
- They told me to be home before eight every night. That's ridiculous! What do you think? I'm not a baby! They shouted at me and told me off as if I were one.
- Eight is quite early, I agree with you. I come home at nine or ten. What did you tell them?
- All of my friends can stay out longer. I told them that they must be home before 10 at night. They said they did not care. I was mad! I lost my temper. I can not be home before eight. It will kill my social life! My father blew his top and the argument started. You see when I go to the cinema, the film finishes at 9.30. I tried to explain, but they would not listen.
- I'm sorry for you. But you must understand your parents too. They worry about you.
to lose one's temper - втратити самовладання
to blow one's top - втратити голову від гніву
an argument - сварка
6.1.41 Прокоментуйте такі висловлювання:
1. We never know the love of the parents till we become parents ourselves.
(Henry Word Beecher 1813-1887)
2. The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.
3. The best way to make children good is to make them happy.
(Oscar Wilde 1854-1900)
4. A man who gives his children habits of industry provides for them better than by giving them a fortune.
(Richard Whately 1787-1863)
5. When children are doing nothing, they are doing mischief.
форми інфінітива | Складне доповнення (Complex Object) | Complex Subject | Problems of our life | Capital punishment is the only way to deter criminals | Складіть анотацію тексту. | Methods And Measures | Прочитайте уривок з газетної статті і думка читача. Поставте абзаци в правильному порядку. | форми причастя | Teaching Good Manners |