Головна

Responding to letters of complaint

1. BUSINESS LETTERS
  2. C. Match the words with the corresponding definitions.
  3. Choose the corresponding English word.
  4. Ex.3. Form adjectives with corresponding suffixes and prefixes.
  5. How to Write Business Letters
  6. Informal letters
  7. Make up letters according to the situations below.

Letters of complaint should always be taken very seriously/ especially if you are providing goods or services.

Your letter should be courteous, even if the complainant has abused you. You should be truthful - if you have already been having trouble with the product, say so. Try not to sound as if you are making excuses, but offer a reasonable explanation for the lapse. Never show that you do not believe the customer, or lead him to believe that the matter is not being taken seriously. Say that the customer's patronage is important to you, and apologize for inconvenience.

II. Read the following letters and match them with the type of the letter:

a) Adjustment letter b) Claim letter c) Inquiry letter d) Order letter e) Respo0nce to an Inquiry letter f) Sales letter

1) Closed care

1248 SE Lancaster Blvd

Tigard, OR 97225

July 17,2011

WJ Billings, President

WJ&M Construction Company

2383 NW Turner Blvd

Tigard, OR 97225

Dear Ms.Billings,

I was very disappointed to read your letter of July 10th dealing with the issue of wrong product installed in one of your homes. As someone who values your business, I have already put a plan in motion to fix the problem.

My warehouse manager and a crew will be at the site July 19th to take out white desks and replace them with the black units, free of charge. Also, we will deduct another 10 percent of the bill for the misunderstanding.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

(signature here)

Kent Lenoir,

President

2) Dawn Snyder, Professor

ICU Technical College

Portland, ME 04101

May 27,2011

Professor I.B.Writing,

Colorado State University

Fort Collins, CO 80523

Dear Mr. Writing,

I would be honored to attend your colloquium on concept mapping in December. I think you know how strongly I feel about that paradigm and the role the great state of Main has played in its development.

I am enclosing the admissions sheet sent to me, as well as the articles you requested that I have recently published on the subject. Good luck on organizing the event - I cannot wait to be there!

Sincerely,

(signature here)

I.B.Writing,

Professor, CSU

DS/Is

3) Dept.of English

Colorado State University

Fort Collins, CO 80523

May 23, 2011

Ms.Dawn Snyder,

Professor

ISU Technical College

Portland, ME 04101

Dear Ms.Snyder,

I am a professor in English at Colorado State University organizing a seminar on concept mapping for a colloquium coming up in December. Based on your experience in this area, I was wondering if you would be interested in attending.

The deadline for admission is August 13. It would be a great honor to have you in attendance. Enclosed is an admissions form and more information on the colloquium.

Thank you for your time,

(signature here)

I.B.Writing,

Professor,CSU

4) Closet care

1248 SE Lancaster Blvd

Tigard, OR 97225

July 7, 2011

Professor I.B.Writing, Colorado State University

Fort Collins, CO 80523

Dear Mr. Writing,

Are you having trouble organizing your clothes into your existing closets? If you are like most Americans, you have trouble finding your favourite shirt when you really need it. This is why it is important to have an organized closet system.

At Closet Care, we have the skills and experience to come in and help you with your closet needs. May we stop by and offer a FREE estimate at how much it would cost you to rebuild your closet? If so, give us a call at 555-1212 and set up and appointment with one of your friendly operators.

Sincerely,

(signature here)

Kent Lenoir

President

5) WJ&M Construction Company

2383 NW Turner Blvd

Tigard, OR 97225

July 10, 2011

Kent Lenoir, President

Closet Care

Tigard, OR 97225

Dear Mr. Lenoir,

As someone who has worked with you for over 12 years, we were very disappointed to see the work that you did on one of the houses we subcontracted to you in the Camas development.

As our oral agreement stipulated, we expected 5 black armoire units to be installed in the master bedroom, but instead, we found that 3 white particle-board desks were put in. I think you will agree that a communication problem exists.

We would like you to send out a crew to take out the white desks and put the black armoire units immediately, or provide us with a refund.

Yours truly,

WJ Billings,

President

III. Write letters using the information in the chart below:

N Date Addressee Address
1. 05.05.2011 A.B.Wilson& Co.Ltd 15Leadenhall Street London,E.C.3
2. 12.05.2011 The Liverpool Forwarding Agency;Ltd 19 Brunswick Street, Liverpool
3. 16.01.2011 The Export and Transport Co., Ltd 25 Water Street, Hull
4. 23.09.2011 The Bandies Tool Co., Inc. 1568 Commerce Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5. 31.05.2011 Secretary of Assertion of British Motor Manufacturers 40 Conduit Street London, W.I.

Unit 8

Text A

36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   Наступна

Products and brands | IV .Preparing a report | Article 8. Representations and warranties | Vocabulary | Industrial relations | Worker participation | Who needs unions? | Article 9. Events of default | Vocabulary | Vocabulary |

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати