Головна

Part III

Listening (3)

1. Before you listen:

Imagine what you would personally do if you were going to study abroad and wanted to minimize possible problems.

2. Listen for general meaning:

Listen to the second part of the interview with Jenny, the lecturer at London University. She is giving advice to future international students.

Which pieces of advice are mentioned by Jenny and which are not?

a) to read any extra materials

b) not to read about the place you are going tostudy in

c) to go to the websites of the universities and see what's available

d) when you arrive in a place try to hide away for a bit

e) to participate in social events

f) to expect that it's all going to be 100% perfect

g) not to consult with special supporting services

3. Listen for details:

Listen again and fill in the gaps with missing words in this abstract:

-Yeah, and looking out for a kind of social events that are specially designed to ___1___ students. And sometimes I think you know when you arrive in a place you just want to kind of ___2___ for a bit. But actually forcing yourself to go to some of those ___3___ in the beginning is a good way to begin to meet people. And probably, not to expect that it's all going to be ___4___, straight away and to understand that it will be ___5___ and times where you miss home but there will also be many good times and for most of the students come away feeling really really ___6___ as well as getting the qualification, they make ___7___ that they can keep through a life. So, I wouldn't be put off by the ___8___ that I've told.

-Yes, everyone feels the same as well, I mean lots of the students who will be feeling the same, won't they?

-Yeah, that's right. And look out for the support because if they are feeling low these are people whose job is to help students who are feeling in distress. So, look out for those services if you feel that you are in need, don't just skip or hide away, and keep it to yourself.

Reading (3)

Do you know the answers to the following questions?

What is the ECTS? Why is it used? What three levels of higher education are defined in ECTS? What credit range is required for these levels?

Read the text and elicit the answers.

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   Наступна

College diploma at the age of 94 | Part II | REALITY CHECK | Use the Present Perfect or the Past Simple of the verbs in brackets. | Imperial Department of Physics | Now the teacher will show you the computer presentation made by a British second year student about university life in the UK. Try to find the answers to your questions. | Read the letter and correct the mistakes. | HIGHER EDUCATION |

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати