Головна

Focus on Grammar

1. B) Focus on language you can use to pay the child a compliment.
  2. Ex. 2. Fill in the blanks with one of the following words. Mind your grammar.
  3. Ex. 2. Fill in the blanks with one of the following words. Mind your grammar.
  4. Ex.2. Fill in the blanks with one of the following words. Mind your grammar.
  5. Ex.2. Fill in the blanks with one of the following words. Mind your grammar.
  6. Ex.2. Fill in the blanks with one of the following words. Mind your grammar.
  7. Ex.2. Fill in the blanks with one of the following words. Mind your grammar.

Modal Verbs Expressing Ability and Permission

AffirmativeNegativeInterrogative

Present can can not can he

is able to is not able to is he able to

may may not may he

is allowed is not allowed is he allowed

is permitted is not permitted is he permitted

Past could could not could he

was able to was not able to was he able to

was allowed was not allowed was he allowed

was permitted was not permitted was he permitted

Future he will be able to will not be able to will he be able to

he will be allowed will not be allowed will he be allowed

he will be permitted will not be permitted will he be permitted

Exercise 1.Fill in the blanks with an appropriate modal verb. Give more than one variant if possible.

1. I . . . him to use my notes to prepare for the seminar. 2. . . . the students choose what they wanted to study? 3. You . . . keep the book for a month. After that you . . . return it to the library. 4. . . . you type? I . . . type, but I know a very good typist who will do this work for us. 5. . . . you lend me 5 quid. I'll pay you back tomorrow morning. 6. Since the accident I . . . to drive a car. 7. He read the letter but he . . . to understand it. 8. . . . I leave my bag with you? No, you . . .. I am leaving now. 9. I had the right visa so they . . . me to cross the border. 10. Who . . . answer my questions? 11. Do not leave for tomorrow what you . . . do today. 12. King Philip of France was not a good fighter and he . . . take part in the Crusades. 13. In Trafalgar Square you . . . see two beautiful fountains. 14. With the help of this guide book you . . . to see the most important London sights. 15. Taking a trip down the River Thames to the Tower of London you . . . get a glimpse of six London bridges. 16. . . . you tell us about your trip to London?

Exercise 2.You are a guest at your friend's home. What do you say in these situations:

1. You want another cup of tea.

2. You want to phone home.

3. You want to smoke.

4. You want to take a bath.

5. You want to borrow a towel.

6. You want an evening newspaper.

7. You want to watch TV.

8. You want your friend to wake you up next morning.

Text 2

37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   Наступна

Focus on Grammar | Pre - reading task | Comprehension Check | Lincoln | Prepositions | Steel Production in Sheffield | Lexical Exercises | Focus on Grammar | Student Grants | The British Steel Industry Today |

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати