II. Make up word-combinations and translate them into Russian.
To display - genuine concern
To share - troubles
To shape - personal attitudes
To be aware of - reality
mutually beneficial cooperation
III. Translate the following sentences into Russian.
1. Such considerations are not of crucial importance.
2. Personal concern in social interaction is of certain value in drawing a distinction between primary and secondary groups.
3. The family is of major significance in shaping personal attitudes and behaviour.
4. The problem of interpersonal relationships is of great interest for the social thinkers.
5. Secondary relationships are of definite importance in the study of social groups of people.
6. Human activity in social community is of deep concern for the sociologists.
IV. Make up your own sentences with - "to be of importance, to be of value" - and ask your partner to translate them.
V. Answer the following questions.
1. What is of great concern for the sociologists in the study of primary groups?
2. What is of chief significance for you in your subject of investigation?
3. What is of major interest for the sociologists dealing with the public opinion poll?
1. You have just come back from the international conference devoted to some problems of social interaction. You think this conference was of great importance. You give your reasons to your friend who is also deeply concerned with the given problem
2. You see an advertisement in a newspaper which is of deep concern for you. Phone up and find out more about the flat to rent. If the flat sounds suitable, arrange to go round and see it.
Social Structure and Individuality | Summary | WORD STUDY | UNIT VII | Strain and Conflict | WORD STUDY | Kinds of Groups | The Nature of Group Cohesiveness | Primary and Secondary Groups | XV. Answer the following questions. |