I. Find in the texts English equivalents for:
відповідний; наближатися; за допомогою; одночасно; ряд ролей; вести господарство; частковий перелік; несумісність; отже; тісно пов'язаний; знову і знову; суть аналізу.
II. Read and translate the following words and their derivatives:
interact - interaction - interactant - interacting
correspond - correspondence - corresponding - correspondingly
respond - response - respondent
perform - performance
expect - expectation - expectancy
relate - relation - relational - relative - relatively
introduce - introduction - introductory
incompatible - incompatibility
analyze - analysis - analyst
III. Read and translate the following sentences:
1. The problem must be explained in terms of dialectical materialism.
2. By means of this definition he managed to explicate the issue.
3. They pointed to the drawbacks of his theory by means of a new hypothesis.
4. In terms of his viewpoint the scholar solved this complicated problem.
5. He analyzed the phenomenon of creativity in terms of the new approach.
6. By means of his analysis they made a correct conclusion
7. In terms of his interpretation the issue was properly-examined.
IV. Make up questions and ask your friend on:
What is ... associated with?
What are ... associated with?
V. Complete the following sentences:
1. Single parents experience role conflict in ....
2. I experienced hardships while ....
3. He experiences true feelings toward ....
4. Recent years experienced great transformations in ....
5. I experience joy when ....
6. They experience troubles in ....
WORD STUDY | Theoretical Paradigms | Experiments. | Questionnaires and Interviews | WORD STUDY | The Structure of Social Interaction | Social Structure and Individuality | Summary | WORD STUDY | UNIT VII |