Головна

XIII. Tell your group-mates about the University you study at

1. A Freshman at Brown University
  2. A. Do pre-reading tasks before each abstract, then read and translate the abstracts about the basics of management.
  3. A. Match the facts about the UK with the places on the map.
  4. A. Read the additional texts with interesting facts about Canada and discuss this information with your partner.
  5. A. Read the text about takeover and choose one of the three connectors to fill each gap.
  6. A. Study the following.
  7. A. Study the following.

XIV. Read and reproduce the following situational dialogues.

I

- Hallo, ...! How are you getting on?

- Hallo, ...! Fine, thanks. You can congratulate me. I've passed my entrance exams successfully and now I am a student.

- Good for you! It's been a real turning point in your life, hasn't it?

- I suppose so.

- I guess, you've chosen the University.

- Exactly!

- And what faculty?

- Saw faculty. I've done it on my parents' advice and I'm not a bit sorry about i.

- Why should you be sorry? The profession of a lawyer is very popular now. I wish you every success in your studies!

- Thank you. I'll do my best.

II

- How are you doing?

- Fine, thank you.

- You are graduating this year, aren't you?

- Yes, in a month. I've already finished the required courses and passed my exams. I am only to defend my graduation paper.

- How many exams did you have to take?

- Three. It was not an easy task, I'd say.

- I suppose, everything has turned out all right.

- Yes, it has. All the three marks were excellent.

- It's a kind of reward for your hard work, isn't it?

- Perhaps. I'm looking forward to starting my work soon, though on the other hand, I'm really sorry that my student's years have nearly passed.

III

- Hi, ...! Glad to see you!

- Hi, ...! I haven't seen you for ages. You were going to enter the University, weren't you? Has your dream come true?

- Yes, it has. I'm a first-year student.

- My congratulations! So in five years you'll have a profession. How lucky you are! By the way, what will your future speciality be?

- A teacher of drawing.

- Is it difficult to study at your faculty?

- Rather! We are taking a lot of subjects having three or four and even more lectures and classes a day. But still it's interesting for me to study here. In short I like it.

- And they say, it'll be more interesting when you begin taking your special subjects.

- I hope so.

COMMUNICATIONAL CLICHÉS

The following situational dialogues will improve your communication skills.

3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   Наступна

THE WORLD AROUND ME | I. Look through the vocabulary below that may be useful when speaking about appearance and character. | I. Look through the vocabulary below that may be useful when speaking about your family. | ABOUT MY RELATIVES AND MYSELF | V. Read the following passage. Speak about the relations in your family using the active vocabulary. | HOBBIES FOR PLEASURE | Section IV | VITEBSK STATE UNIVERSITY | III. Listen to the tape and do the exercises below. | VIII. a) Read the following dialogues. Learn the phrases in bald type. |

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати